Good news for Metal Gear Fans with 360's

:confused:
XPE said:
This just doesn’t make sense unless it’s coming out in the next few months or so I really don’t see this being a problem.

And the ps3 has already sold more than the 360 in Japan any way.

So I’m calling BS on this rumour

what on earth has japan got to do with anything, that is just a fraction of the market, M$ will never crack japan and tbh I don't think they really care,

yes ps3 out sold 360 in japan but this is what counts http://nexgenwars.com/ , overall sales figures.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
lowrider007 said:
:confused:

what on earth has japan got to do with anything, that is just a fraction of the market, M$ will never crack japan and tbh I don't think they really care,

yes ps3 out sold 360 in japan but this is what counts http://nexgenwars.com/ , overall sales figures.

Do you think a Japanese Developer/publisher are going to sink a lot of money making a game that isn’t going to sell a lot on their own shores???

I don’t think so.

Soldato
Actually, the metal gear series is most popular in America and Konami dont have bad relations with microsoft I dont think. Although I think its bogus, for now anyway maybe MS will surprise us at E3 07.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
i never got on with GT...but that's beside the point.

i'd like to see a decent MGS port for the 360..but if we don't get one, i won't be getting a PS3 solely for that.

also, so many swearies in that link

Soldato
XPE said:
Do you think a Japanese Developer/publisher are going to sink a lot of money making a game that isn’t going to sell a lot on their own shores???

I don’t think so.

but why limit their income if they can release on a rival format aswell, this is the thing with exclusives, you limit your returns and seeing the PS3 is high in costs and all that why should they limit their return on a game they spent years making. Its not their fault that Sony isn't flooding the market with consoles, or that people are holding off on buying a PS3 becasue the rival system is just as good and has much more going for it at present.

Associate
Hardly a reliable source so don't get too overexcited. I sure hope its true. If the 360 or Wii gets Final Fantasy I am sold to them forever. I really don't want to have to fork out again for a PS to play Final Fantasy.

for the average game to turn a profit on the PS3 they need to sell 500,000 copies. I would expect MGS to be a bit above the average game so it might need even more sales to turn the profit. Currently no average game can turn a profit on the PS3.

It makes sence that until there are at least 10 million PS3's on the market for most publishers to release their games on both formats.

Soldato
XPE said:

I don’t think so.

Since when has the MGS series only sold in Japan?!

I can imagine microsoft will probably pay a large incentive to konami to make this cross platform.

Associate
XPE said:
This just doesn’t make sense unless it’s coming out in the next few months or so I really don’t see this being a problem.

And the ps3 has already sold more than the 360 in Japan any way.

So I’m calling BS on this rumour

According to http://www.vgcharts.org/worldtotals.php MGS 1 and 2 both sold less than 1 million copies in Japan and more than 2 million each in North America and Europe. MGS 3 is also below a million in Japan and well over 1 million in the other markets.

Not saying the rumour is true but the MGS series means nothing in Japan compared to the rest of the world.

Man of Honour
This is huge news if its true, this and Final Fantasy are two of the main reasons I was going to get a PS3.

If Microsoft can nab this one off them, even if a few months later, I'll be happy to wait 3-4 months than pay £500 up front for it

I'll still get one anyway knowing me :p Always end up getting new consoles even if I'm not entirely convinced first off

Soldato
sanofi said:
http://www.noooz.com/archives/2006/12/exclusive_metal_gear_solid_4_c.html

Take it for what you will, I'd love to see this game on the 360 as I'm a big MGS fan.

oh pleeeeeaze !!! Hang on whats that outside my window? Is that a pig flying....

You get a post from a 360 fanboy and it's getting you all going queer.

Wait until you read it on a reliable source first..

HALO3 also coming on the PS3 !!

From an inside source as Bungie is hoping to tap into the Jap Market

Man of Honour
thedoc46 said:

The Japs wouldnt take to Halo3 and you know it!! :p:p

Nah it may well not be true, still, it stands to good reason why they would do it, not enough PS3's out there compared to 360's so who knows

Associate
Like others, i'll take this with a huge pinch of salt until an official announcement. But if its true then i'll probably get a ps3 on the first price drop. Don't think there's much need to get one before with gta4 and others coming to the 360 as well.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
thedoc46 said:
oh pleeeeeaze !!! Hang on whats that outside my window? Is that a pig flying....

You get a post from a 360 fanboy and it's getting you all going queer.

Wait until you read it on a reliable source first..

HALO3 also coming on the PS3 !!

You do realise Twin Snakes was on the XBOX and MGS1 was ported to the GC? Is this really so hard to believe?

Back
Top Bottom