Tie Storage?

Soldato
Whats the best way to store ties? (Silk ones)? A mate of mine said that when he brought a new tie the salesman dude told him to roll it a put it in a draw.

Or do we just like racks? :D

Man of Honour
Bad advice was given. Thing about keeping them in that manner is that it affects the hang.

I was told years ago that the most important thing to remember is that moths like silk. I think the teller was pulling my leg, because I have built up a collection of about two dozen silk ties over the last decade, and I hang them in an always-open wardrobe. Never had any sign of moth attack, whereas a suit hung in the same wardrobe has been munched on.

Soldato
OP
Deadly Ferret said:
Bad advice was given. Thing about keeping them in that manner is that it affects the hang.

I was told years ago that the most important thing to remember is that moths like silk. I think the teller was pulling my leg, because I have built up a collection of about two dozen silk ties over the last decade, and I hang them in an always-open wardrobe. Never had any sign of moth attack, whereas a suit hung in the same wardrobe has been munched on.

Your kidding right? lol

Permabanned
No you need to hang silk ties.

I have a tie holder that has a hook on it so it can go on a pole, with 8 or 10 metal arms that you can slip the tie into.

Don't bundle them up, you will crease the material.

Associate
Rolled up ties get creased when unrolled. They look horrible and are really hard to get out (the creases). Althought a little water and gentle ironing under a hanky removed most of the problem, takes forever and you need to be careful not to stain your tie.

Hang them on a tie rack, which funnily enough, is so important to ties, there is a shop named after them :D (which is really rubbish!)...

Don't roll and store.

TM

Back
Top Bottom