Best DVD Backup/Ripping Software

Man of Honour
Got a load of DVD's that I need to get a load of data off, thing is I dont wanna have to open every one then copy and paste the stuff of them, so is there a FREE peice of software that i could use. I say free as this is probably the only time I'll ever use it.

Also, if it can rip Movie DVD's too then thats great as I'll put a few films on my laptop for the train back after Christmas than take the dvd's with me.

Cheers

P.S I did google, but a load of crappy/dodgy looking websites came up, and figured asking for recommendations based on first hand experience is better than google anyway

Permabanned
I'm not too sure exactly what you are asking to do. However if you are interesting in all things DVD then you could do worse that visit www.doom9.org

I understand you are fully aware of all the restrictions imposed on copying DVD's and I trust that you are also aware that the site provided is an MPEG information site only.

Last edited:
Don
for copying just backed up files from a cd/dvd/anywhere! this is a real handy tool

http://roadkil.net/downloads/unstopcp.zip

can copy if some files are damaged, will try to copy them and can skip them if you tell it to (and creates a tiny log of what has failed to copy etc)

tip : rename the exe "ucd.exe" and drop it in c:\windows\system32 folder

now you can open it via start, run, ucd

-this is not for copying dvdfilms

Man of Honour
OP
^ thanks for that mate, that looks like what I'm looking for :) will give it a go

Also, quite into the idea of ripping my dvds on to my laptop now for the journey home, will save on battery too as its not using the dvd drive. What does everyone use for this? Any recomended software, or is it just a case of picking any old one?

Back
Top Bottom