• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will sli'd 8800gtx @ 1680x1050 be waste?

Associate
marv_1 said:
I dont believe it I have upgraded to the 680i, it sounds from the sales team that it will be the evga mobo as well.

Here is my final spec what do you think

System Base Price: £ 935.31
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 Dual Core Processor(2.40GHz,4MB Cache,1066MHz)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Aluminium ATX Midi Tower + 1000W PSU - Black [upg £ 150.00]
ASUS P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i SLI(C55XE) Mainboard - Core 2 Duo/Quad-Core - ATX [upg £ 80.00]
2048MB DDR2 900MHz Memory -( 2x 1024MB Kit) [upg £ 100.00]
320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer
Super Format SONY 18x Dual Layer DVD Writer +R/-R/RW/RAM
Super Format SONY 18x Dual Layer DVD Writer +R/-R/RW/RAM
768MB nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX [upg £ 275.00]
Without 19" Sony Monitor [upg £ -140.00]
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card (oem)
Without Speakers (7.1) [upg £ -45.00]
Without Keyboard & Mouse (Cordless) [upg £ -12.21]
Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + 60 Days Microsoft Office Trial
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Suite - 7 titles (oem)
2x IEEE1394 Firewire (onboard)
1x Gigabit LAN (onboard)
1.44MB - 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive [upg £ 10.00]
Internal 33-in-1 Memory Card Reader
Premiere Warranty - 3 Years On-site-Parts & Labour-T&C

no vista upgrade voucher?

Associate
Would this be a supplier who used to be a sponser for charlton football club

;)

I bought a machine from a supplier who i obviously will not name espcially as as christmes EVE is so close to us now ;)

but if its any consolation this is my 3rd machine from them and there customer service has been absolutely first class in the past, they also do 3 years onsite warranty which is spot on.

Associate
OP
glen8 said:
They are all the same ;)

Exactly right, all companies have problems but I bet that the majority of people are satisfied with their purchases.

Ive got a 360 and on the official 360 forums every other thread is about red lights of death or problems with the company but I bet the majority of people are ok with theirs, I am.

In the end I have speced a pc which has a lot of room for upgrade potential and I know that I can clock it to 3ghz easy. Plus there is that all important 3 year warranty included as standard on mine.

Dont get me wrong I would have liked to have built it from scratch as I have built my pcs for a few years now and have always got most of my parts from here. But I wanted to start from scratch again and have a pretty good rockin one built for me with 3 yrs warranty.

No head scratchin if something goes wrong with my head stuck in a case till the early hours, just pick up a phone and give the problem to somebody else.

Soldato
hyper_piper45 said:
I would say it is a waste. I have a x1900xtx and i max my games at 1680x1050, and a 8800gtx is a hell of a lot more powerful.

i have a x1900xt and it can;t do 16xAA and in some games like just cause i can get away with 1600x1200 but only 4xAF any higher on the AF and performance plummets.

Caporegime
Lolcb said:
PM me the competitor or email in trust. I am so very interested to know.

You can't ask to be emailed competitors, not allowed im afraid, thats why PM's are disabled so we can't PM competitors about. :)

Id have to agree, SLi'd GTX's would be waste at that res, 1x should cut through that no trouble, even 1x x1900 does as said above.

Last edited:
Associate
Na man, if you want to play with full eye candy, even 1 8800gtx is not enough for that res. Even on dark messiah, with 4xAA and 16xAF, your fps will sometime drop to 40++. and u will notice a bit of a lag.

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
You can't ask to be emailed competitors, not allowed im afraid, thats why PM's are disabled so we can't PM competitors about. :)

Id have to agree, SLi'd GTX's would be waste at that res, 1x should cut through that no trouble, even 1x x1900 does as said above.

Lol, I am just curious who it is, so I can be wary of it the next time. I mean, the reason of naming competitor is not to lose sales to them. But we ain't buying from them, we are slagging them off lol.

Lolcb said:
Na man, if you want to play with full eye candy, even 1 8800gtx is not enough for that res. Even on dark messiah, with 4xAA and 16xAF, your fps will sometime drop to 40++. and u will notice a bit of a lag.

you must have your system setup wrong then, I have a sharp eye for low FPS and with my system (in sig) as long as *V-Sync* is'nt enabled Dark Messiah is as smooth as silk and thats on a 22" WS @ 1680x1050, don't forget their was a bug a while back that when in game sometimes looking in a particular direction would induce lag but it was fixed in the latest patch.

Associate
my rig

X6800
2GB Ram
nForce 680i ECS
XFX 8800GTX SLi

How is this setup wrong in anyway?

And I wasnt saying constant low 40 fps, I am saying soemtime when there is a lot of details to render.

Lolcb said:
my rig

X6800
2GB Ram
nForce 680i ECS
XFX 8800GTX SLi

How is this setup wrong in anyway?

And I wasnt saying constant low 40 fps, I am saying soemtime when there is a lot of details to render.

thanks for the e-penis spec listing there ;) but showing me your specs does'nt prove/show that your system is setup right, having good high spec hardware does'nt automaticlly mean that your system is magiclly setup right and should run everying perfectly, if you've got a 8800GTX sli setup and you say that your system is lagging and hitting low 40's in Dark Messiah then something's wrong (software wise).

Associate
Lol forgot to mention, I was having that low fps crap when I was running a single G80. And no, it can't be software issue, I did a fresh install of XP and used 97.44 driver version.

Soldato
Lolcb said:
Lol forgot to mention, I was having that low fps crap when I was running a single G80. And no, it can't be software issue, I did a fresh install of XP and used 97.44 driver version.

Something going on there, my 8800gtx ****'s any game i play on with max details :D

Associate
Every game I throw at it ran perfectly fine. I am just highlighting the fact that at certain point of some high end games, the fps does drop considerably.

Back
Top Bottom