• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1950XT fan control with CCC?

Associate
Is there any way of controlling fan speed with Catalyst Control Centre or is there a 3rd party utility that will run alongside CCC but purely to control fan speed at certain temps?

Thanks

Associate
Hi

You can use RivaTuner which is pretty good.

Havent got a link, what temp is your card running at? I had a problem with mine running at 95degrees when I first turned it on (bought it pre-built)

Took the back off and found that the power cable became unseated and the fan was off. Now running at 50 degrees which is ok although i would like it to be about 42-43.

Associate
OP
Running at mid to high 70's under load with very occasional freezing, so I have knocked the clock speeds down to stock for now. I know ATI Tray tools has the fan control thing but it apparently doesn't work alongside CCC and it also does not reach the 900MHz default memory speed on my card so I'll stick with CCC for now.

I will give RivaTuner a go. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom