Problem with Sennheiser CX-300 Headphones

Caporegime
I just bought some cx-300 headphones and after trying them out they sound crap. The bass is so strong that all the vocals and music sound drained, when watching a tv program like 24 in some scenes I can't even hear the music at all! The headphones that came with my psp sound much better in compaison, music sounds much richer with them.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Permabanned
I've had the Sennheiser CX300's for about 6 months now, never have I had any problems with them however it's primarily for use with my iPod. What are you using them with? are you able to adjust bass/treble and all that stuff?. If not I'd probably just return them to the point of purchase.

Soldato
Genuine ones should come blister packed, have an L-shaped plug and the wire from the L/R split to your right ear should be 50 cm, not around 32-34 cm.

For what it's worth I have genuine ones and don't rate them. The bass is definitely overpowering and even a touch distorted. Plus they can sound a little mechanical to me. They're not junk by any means, but to me they're not especially great either.

Associate
Sorry mate, I didn't want to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it was a known problem some time ago. Sennheiser are pretty supportive of their products and fakes have dampened their reputation somewhat...

Soldato
james.miller said:
what i dont get is why they'd go to the bother of ripping off what are esentially cheap as chips earphones anyway. the proper cx300's arent brilliant as it is lol.

the name sells

Back
Top Bottom