best clocking 939 boards, what are they ?

Permabanned
looking for a board with a second hand value of between £25 to £45, must be an excellent clockers but other than DFi i dont know what to look for, id appreciate some input as to the best clocking boards for socket 939 :)

i have an opteron 170 comming which i know with the right board will do 3.1Ghz per core.

Soldato
i know you said no apart from DFI but I have a DFI Expert and it really is good.

You could probably pick up a ULTRA for you budget and mod it to SLI if needed.

Nothing matches the DFI's overclock/stability tbh.

Rich

Soldato
DFI *** when it comes to OC.

Popular onces include the Ultra-D and the SLI-DR but they're expensive even 2nd hand.

However there's the DFI RDX200 on this week only for only £35 inc.VAT!! Read the reviews and you'll know it's a great ocer, only downside is the lack of SATA2.

Apart from DFI then I'd say some ASUS models like the A8N-SLI / Premium / Deluxe OC very well.

Associate
I am using a DFI ultra D it comes with a SLI bridge eventhoe its not set as true SLI, but the mod to unlock the SLI on the chipset is so easy, just take off the heatsink and a pencil line accross the SLI bridge and that dose the job, and at only £60 with OCUK you get a very good overclocking MB has SATA 2 and every option you could ever need, I am running 2 OCUK7900gs in SLI mode and the diffrence is outstanding.
well it was £60+ but now its £89+"£105inc"
find one of these and buy it DFI lanparty ultra D mod it and clock it.

cheers
D

Associate
Hi , i found the dfi cfx 3200 a very good board especially with the later bios release, well equipped and a good clocker

Permabanned
OP
KELTICKNIGHT said:
if i didnt have dfi cfx3200 ,would go for msi k8n neo4

k8n neo4 its going to have to be, i need the board and god only knows when MM will reopen :( i had a look to see what OCUK sold, basically nothing now when it comes to 939 boards :( and yet so many of us are still planning on using them until AM3...

EDIT... just noticed...

DFI LanParty UT RDX200CF-DR Crossfire (Socket 939) Motherboard

£35 from OCUK ? any good ??

ah scratch that... just read it doesnt support drives with NCQ which my raptor and my seagate both have :(

Last edited:
Associate
Another DFI NF4 Ultra-D here. No problems since purchase, running Athlon 64 4000+ at 3GHz stable since day one. Supports NCQ OK and the SLi mod seems to be easy if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom