Whats the fastest thing you have ever been in?

Associate
Daveyboy said:
Yeah but i'd have to say yours any day for the win!!!

Shame I haven't been to the Pod for ages, I'd definitely want to hear it and see it in person... have you got a dedicated site or such for yours?? I've seen some burnout videos etc and a few runs, but PC screens just don't do it properly! :p

edit: just gone to your homepage!!

11 secs firing on 7! 10 secs with a shutoff - i'm going weak at the knees :eek:

I wouldn't trade it for anything, only '34 3 window coupe altered in the world

cheers :) she should be well down into the 8s next year maybe a 7, losing 200lbs over the winter and freshening things up on the motor then hit it with the tuning stick :p

would love something like your dads motor on th street tho!

Associate
Gah I've been in allsorts of weird and wonderful machines over the years , I used to work at a tuning shop in Manchester where we did rolling road setup and tuning , probably the fastest I've actually driven was a heavily modified Lotus Carlton , virtually every mod imaginable , it was an animal , if I remember correctly it managed 558hp AT the wheels and just over 500lb ft of torque , the rollers only went up to 600bhp and by the time I passed around 520 the damn thing was wanting to climb outta the rollers lol.
Awesome machine and very very scary to drive , it was so fast you just didnt realise how just a dab of the throttle sent you hurtling over 100mph in just a few seconds and tbh I thought the brakes were crap which made it even more scary , wouldve loved to have drove it on a track tho.
We used to do allsorts from regular boy racers cars to race caterhams and porsches(944s tho ;) ) and class 1 stock cars which were great fun to jet those holleys on big yank V8's(not!) ,obviously we couldnt testdrive the race cars but enjoyed testing all the other cars after they were setup.

Soldato
To be honest, my cars the fastest thing I've ever been in.

No one's ever driven a car faster with me in it than I've driven myself.

Did 150 in the coupe. Done 155 on the GSXR. The 160 barrier is next. Just gotta wait till summer to get the bottle and a new rear tyre to do in on the gixer.

Soldato
Phate said:
Hi folks,

so I thought I'd randomly start a thread...

Whats the fastest thing acceleration wise you have ever:
How about yours?

OOOps acceleration wise...

A. BSB GSXR1000 (220bhp) about 1.5-2 seconds to 60, on the rear wheel only :eek:
B. Radical Busa 1300

:o

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Driven: Formula Vauxhall Lotus Single seater. 2 litre 16v, around 160bhp they reckoned, 0-60 in 3 or 3.5 seconds iirc.

Passenger: A mates Evo 7 or Impreza I'd guess, couldn't say which was quicker both felt decent.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Daveyboy said:
Driven: Porsche 911

Passenger: Dad's '34:

MCmain.jpg
Was thinking "I don't remember posting that" :p

Driven: That ^^^

Passenger: That being slayed in anger ^^^ :D

Soldato
R124/LA420 said:
Fastest thing I've been in?

Concorde ! :cool:

Blasted, beaten to it. I was just about to post aeroplane.
I suppose I could take it one step further and say it depends on your frame of reference since the Earth is rotating around the sun fairly quickly and the universe is apparently expanding rapidly so I'm probably travelling thousands and thousands of mph through space even while sitting here typing, but that would just be stupid.

As far as I'm aware: As a passenger in my Mondeo, just before Dynabol off these forums got caught speeding in it in France. Was well funny.

Last edited:
Soldato
Driven - Probably my Prelude. I try not to drive other peoples cars as I'm not that good!

Passengered - Definitly a friends Scoopy STi PPP bug eye thing. It just pulled and pulled and you had a sore back by the end. However you didn't get the sense of speed like I did in a 210 hp Metro - plain scary!

Back
Top Bottom