laptop, under 400quid?

Soldato
looking for something to buy, and been pondering about a laptop for a while now. i have 400 atm, and will have about 600 mid jan.

To be honest, I don't spend enough time with my folks, yet still am a geek at heart and need ocuk 24/7. :)

So, a simple laptop with wifi seems a possible answer, alll it needs to do is inet, msn, music/voip, and possible some modelling/mapping (cinema4d/3dmax/hammer) for college/uni, so I can sit infront of the fire in the living room with them and still do what I need to.

Looking for something small (small is generally more expensive, right?) good looking (not a brick) weight doesnt really bother me much, thought it'll have to slip into my "messenger bag" bag. Wideescreen (also a decent screen) decent audio? (digital out bonus) and i've never really burnt a cd/dvd before, so thats not major (but would be nice)

Having a look about, I don't know what to look for really. Whats a decent midrange lappy spec? Whats do able for 400 max? Now with the sales on, what's a good buy and what isn't? (not asking for competitors, but model names and such of laptops would be handy)

Thanks. Psy

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Personally would go second hand and grab something like an IBM X31 with ultrabay port extender. Great batterylife, top quality manufacturing, classic IBM design :)

Back
Top Bottom