What gaming goodies did santa bring you ?

Soldato
got a graphics tablet, wacom A6 off my girlfriend, along with a tripod and 2 fear and loathing books.
£15 HMV vouchers off her mum and some chocolate!
£210 off family
Magic socks!
T shirt
belt
Aftershave
hat
choccys

all in all, more useful things than past years, atleast the tablet and tripod go towards my uni work! :) unexpected aswell so atleast she's still listening after 2yeaars :p

Soldato
tsinc80697 said:
got a graphics tablet, wacom A6 off my girlfriend, along with a tripod and 2 fear and loathing books.
£15 HMV vouchers off her mum and some chocolate!
£210 off family
Magic socks!
T shirt
belt
Aftershave
hat
choccys

all in all, more useful things than past years, atleast the tablet and tripod go towards my uni work! :) unexpected aswell so atleast she's still listening after 2yeaars :p

That's all well and good, but none of that's gaming stuff is it?

Soldato
I got a Joytech Xbox Control Centre thing, quite nice and saves the hassle of going behind the TV if I wasnt to play on the Xbox!

Also got the official wireless steering wheel but just couldnt get on with it, it felt nice and the force feedback was good but it just couldnt handle the car like I wanted to, everytime I drifted I'd just over correct and end up doing a 180. I did give it a good try but I feel that I'm better with the joypad so it's going back (omg the box was more complex than a nuclear missile!)

Associate
I Got a Wii, lots of remotes and nunchuks and zelda, wii play and super monkey ball. I got my girlfriend a DS lite, new super mario bros, tetris and brain training.

We've got Nintendo covered in our house :D

Soldato
Wii, Wii Play for the 2nd controller & Zelda (for my son really... honest!)

Not managed anything except Wii Sports all day, cause it's just so god-damned good. Seeing my mum and sister playing at boxing was hilarious :D

Associate
OP
MouseMat2004 said:
(omg the box was more complex than a nuclear missile!)

hahaha it took me a good 15 mins to get everything out !

good luck putting it all back in there :eek:

shame you didn't like it, ive taken to it like a duck to water, was playing online earlier with a friend who got a steering wheel also. was great fun :D

Soldato
fergie666 said:
hahaha it took me a good 15 mins to get everything out !

good luck putting it all back in there :eek:

shame you didn't like it, ive taken to it like a duck to water, was playing online earlier with a friend who got a steering wheel also. was great fun :D

It didnt go back in that bad actually! although I'm not sure it all went back in the same way :) but the steering wheel/pedels are the same so looks fine :cool:

Associate
a powerball :) nothing gaming related though. I can however pretend that my arms are killing me from playing too much wii (the one I never received :() Maybe next year, eh...

Associate
I got Dead Rising for 360.. but am really disappointed as it seems like a great game.. but I am getting really bad tearing on my 19" TFT using VGA.

Which is a shame as it really does spoil the gameplay, makes it hard to concentrate on the game.

I did google the problem and it would seem I am not alone!.. Anyone else get this problem? Any ways of working around the bug or do I just wait until the next dashboard update?

;)

Associate
OP
is your tft widescreen ?

i had really bad tearing with DR on my standard 17" tft

then i bought a samsung 20" widescreen tft and had no tearing at all

i think it has something to do with the aspect ratio

Associate
fergie666 said:
is your tft widescreen ?

i had really bad tearing with DR on my standard 17" tft

then i bought a samsung 20" widescreen tft and had no tearing at all

i think it has something to do with the aspect ratio

Oh right,
No, it's not widescreen, just a standad 19" VX912.. I tried two different resolutions 1280x1024 and 1024x768.. but I get bad tearing on both. Was wondering whether theres a resolution which would be best to use... even if it's not the panels native.

;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom