Speed Cams @ pocketgps

Permabanned
Added this ages ago to my dads TT1 when it was still free.

Now it seems I need to be subscribed to the members are to get access to it... now is the £2 mentioned for the actual database or is that a membership sub or what?

I'm confuzzled :confused:

Soldato
Nozzer said:
£2/month (or per download, really)

wow that sucks id rather pay £20 for a yearly access to the full official tom tom speed camera database, also with the pocket gps data base its picking up cameras where there isnt any :confused:

Suspended
Better safe than sorry ;)

I find the pocketgps database a lot more accurate than the tomtom one. Mine usually only gets false positives for mobile sites, which it's definitely best to slow down for. Well, those and SPECS on motorways sometimes. But if you can't see those you shouldn't be driving.

Soldato
Nozzer said:
Better safe than sorry ;)

I find the pocketgps database a lot more accurate than the tomtom one. Mine usually only gets false positives for mobile sites, which it's definitely best to slow down for. Well, those and SPECS on motorways sometimes. But if you can't see those you shouldn't be driving.

Yea i was out earlier and the mobile 30 went off i was like wtf as i couldnt see a thing even slowed down to check it out does yours do it often?

Suspended
It'll shout for the mobiles as it'll be flagged as a site that is used for the vans/plod with radar guns.

Definitely best to slow down for those. 90% of the time there won't be a speed trap there, but it's the other 10% that you want the warning for.

Mine's excellent at picking up fixed cameras.

Soldato
Nozzer said:
It'll shout for the mobiles as it'll be flagged as a site that is used for the vans/plod with radar guns.

Definitely best to slow down for those. 90% of the time there won't be a speed trap there, but it's the other 10% that you want the warning for.

Mine's excellent at picking up fixed cameras.

aha thats rather cool then as theres a few round my town and near my estate so now i know to watch out for them! :) going to give it a proper workout tommorow.

Soldato
Nozzer said:
I should point out that it's still not as good as Road Angel's database, but as an add-on for a sat-nav program it does a great job.

yea i can understand but i read the road angels navigation and general system was utter tripe. so the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Suspended
Sorry, I meant the Road Angel 2/Lite/Whatever they call it now, is a better bet if you want a device to save your licence. For navigation in a standalone unit you can't beat tomtom, in my opinion.

Associate
wow that sucks id rather pay £20 for a yearly access to the full official tom tom speed camera database, also with the pocket gps data base its picking up cameras where there isnt any

TomTom datadase is Pocket GPS database. They are one and the same

Soldato
JamesRJ said:
TomTom datadase is Pocket GPS database. They are one and the same

apart from the fact if pocketgps database is 2/month then this works out £24 at the end of the year hence why i said i would rather get the official tom tom database but after a bit of snooping/asking around the pocket gps database is apparantly much better so ill continue to use this one. :)

Soldato
divine_madness said:
Well seeing as nozzer got sussed for something... can anyone else answer this?

I'm only going to want the one update for a while, would i be able to pay the £2 once for one month, grab what I want and then cancel?

You select to join for 1 month a one year..

v0n

v0n

Soldato
It's just another one of these things - community builds free speed cam database for years almost 100% based on user contributions, and once it wipes the floor with most commercial databases the owners of the site get the Katching! bug and start cashing in on what was successful solely because it was free.

Caporegime
Tom|Nbk said:
Yea i was out earlier and the mobile 30 went off i was like wtf as i couldnt see a thing even slowed down to check it out does yours do it often?

sorry to resurrect an old thread

but this happens quite a lot, for the simple reason the police use the same locations for their fixed mobile cameras. I drive by several of their "spots" on the way to work, obviously the alert goes off every time, but its only 2 or 3 times a month they are actually there, as they rotate round different spots every week.

Soldato
v0n said:
It's just another one of these things - community builds free speed cam database for years almost 100% based on user contributions, and once it wipes the floor with most commercial databases the owners of the site get the Katching! bug and start cashing in on what was successful solely because it was free.

Depends if contributors get it for free i guess??

Back
Top Bottom