Gear Thread - Pics

Associate
The guitar looks really swish, but why a plec holder on the front?

take it off and put it out of sight!

The kits looking rather cool too.

Soldato
skinnyl said:
The guitar looks really swish, but why a plec holder on the front?

take it off and put it out of sight!

The kits looking rather cool too.

Came on it when I bought it. Got no real need to get rid of it, don't gig on guitar or anything :)

Associate
Dave said:
Still waiting on an 8" Paiste 2oo2 bell which has to be custom made at the Swiss factory

How does Paiste price their custom orders?

Their site says an extra 30% surcharge, but I was under the impression you get charged for every extra inch or something like that.

I've been wanting a 22" Dry Heavy Sig ride for months :(

Soldato
raz0rr said:
How does Paiste price their custom orders?

Their site says an extra 30% surcharge, but I was under the impression you get charged for every extra inch or something like that.

I've been wanting a 22" Dry Heavy Sig ride for months :(

They do, you just have to go through a dealer. I go through Julian (www.ecymbals.co.uk) and I was charged 30% on top for my 8" 2oo2 bell. (price of a 8" 2oo2 splash + 30%)

Associate
SG4.jpg

SG5.jpg

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Its basically a blues acoustic guitar and comes alive when used with a bottleneck.
A mate of mine plays in a Delta Blues Band and he uses two tuned to different tunings.

Aye, played it with my empty bottle of rum today :D

It's quite a different sound to my electroacoustic. I actually bought it for more of an authentic Dire Straits sound, like the Resonator played on the song Romeo + Juliet. I'd love one of those metal National Resonators one day, but for a poor student the Fender one is ace for the time being :)

Suspended
Just had a new guitar amp, thought I'd post some pics :D (sorry about quality, i have no camera skills)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The head sounds amazing. Its all valve and sounds a LOT louder than 15 watts. I think I'll be replacing my cab as this one sounds rubbish now. I'm not too keen on the styling of the orange cabs so I might go for the Marshall 425a 4x12.

Soldato
refuzion said:
Just out of interest, how much did you pay for your cab? Ashdown cabs are fantastic but whenever I've played through one I never think to ask how much was paid (or even how much it was for sale for in one case :confused: ). But I've seen two go for <£200 on eBay and that just screams great value at me. :) Or is there a massive difference between them?

Suspended
naffa said:
Just out of interest, how much did you pay for your cab? Ashdown cabs are fantastic but whenever I've played through one I never think to ask how much was paid (or even how much it was for sale for in one case :confused: ). But I've seen two go for <£200 on eBay and that just screams great value at me. :) Or is there a massive difference between them?
I paid £180 for mine. I had it new from Sound Control in bham. TBH, compared to a Marshall cab they're rubbish. But I'd say they're good value for money.

Soldato
Well seeing as I have my new guitar I thought I'd post a shot of most of my gear (not including my drums, trumpet or piano).

dsc00036fg0.jpg

From left to right:

My Danelectro DC Silversparkle bass. £135 odd, plays pretty nice and sounds it too, and it looks so 80's glam rock. :D

Torque T301EB Bass amp. Not suitable for gigging out with but I usually steal someone else's amp when I do that.

Laney LA30C Acoustic amp. Again, not a gigging amp but my new Spanish guitar's internal mics sound awesome through it.

Shure SM58 studio mic. My mum's microphone. She's a jazz singer and I steal this for some home recording and for the occasional gig.

Santos Martinez SM675CEA. My Christmas present this year. It has two internal mics, one on the bridge and one closer to the sound hole. These are really beneficial when doing some of the more percussive forms of flamenco.

To the right of that is my beloved Taylor 214. This truly is amazing. A straight acoustic, no pickup unfortunately. Has Elixer 12's on it. Plays like a dream. :cool:

To the right of that is my Yamaha PSR-280 keyboard. Not great, but dead handy for doing recording with. I enjoy it as a practice piano as well.

dsc00035jh7.jpg

To the left of this picture is my BOSS BR-1180 8-track recorder. This is bloody handy to have and has saved a lot of frustration from trying to record onto the PC. Has a hard drive and a CDRW built in, so very neat piece of kit here (and paid under a quarter of the RRP :D).

Above that is my Mackie Micro Series 1402-VLX Mic/Line mixer. I don't really have a clue about this. I found it in one of the rooms in my house. I think someone left it here after a gig or something.

Onto the right, at the top is my Jim Dunlop Cry Baby wah pedal. The is a nice little bit of kit. Not quite the Vox-wah that I'd love but still chuffed to be able to own one.

Beneath that is my pre-1966 Fenton Weil 15W valve amp. Again, this isn't a gigging amp but is really nice when mic'd (sp?) up for some really nice blusey tones. Gives a really nice warm feel.

Beneath that is my Line6 SpiderII 112. This is alright.. Not my ideal amp but really isn't bad at all. Nothing compared to the SpiderIII but tbh, I've got so much stuff which I'm so lucky to have a new amp as well which I don't really need is a bit unnecessary.

And finally.. My 1978 Antoria Strat. This fine piece of firewood set me back £100 about 3 years ago. It has the lowest action I've ever played with ever and has Extra Slinkeys on it (8's) which takes the Michael a bit but there ya go. £100 wasn't a bad price considering it has three custom Fender pickups which cost around £90 a piece.

I'll get some pictures of my drums and my piano tomorrow/later today.

(lol)

Last edited:
Associate
ill get some pics up later but atm i have been playing, guitar - 4 months bass a year in feb.

My Gear ATM:

Jasmine S 60 Acoustic Guitar (newley re-strung)

Aria IGB-40 Bass Guitar (Black)

Encore PK40 Bass Guitar (Red)

And a Crafter Cruiser Bass Amp, I still have a strat copy but i sold it to my mate but its still mine atm. It was a Encore KC3 Guitar (Black) with a BB Blaster BB10 10w Amp.

Soldato
Gear!

DSC_0019.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Andelusion/My Room/DSC_0025.jpg (Lights off), I love turning all the lights off and playing some synths :D

My amp is at home in Huddersfield as I use it for teaching at the weekends (Peavey JSX and Cornford RK412) here (Leeds) I use my bandmate's JSX with Peavey XXX cab which is over to the left.

DSC_0023.jpg

Crappy picture: Jem, Emerald Guitars prototype Carbon Fibre Opus X30 7 String and my main guitar an Ibanez RGA121, I love this thing, it feels so solid to play and the tone is awesome. The pickups are a DiMarzio Breed (neck) and DiMarzio D-Sonic Bridge, the body is relatively thin and combined with maple top it has quite an aggressive sharp tone but still with loads of balls due to the mahogany body, I love it!

Back
Top Bottom