Lian-Li PC V2100 PLUS - PA120.3....

Permabanned
Well that time of year as come again! Time for an upgrade! This one is going to be a Corker!!! not only am I converting my Religious belief from AMD - Intel quad I am going to part with my much loved Kandalf case, At present I have my rad just sat on stilts on the roof of my case, I am wanting to now house my Rad inside my case, I am thinking of cooling the lot, CPU, GFX x2 MAYBE 4, RAM and 2 Raptors. I am thinking about having 2 rads -

Pump - CPU - pa120.2 - gfx cards - ram - hdds - res - pa120.3 - pump

May move the 120.2 after the gfx cards, may have a PA160 in its place and another one after the GFX cards and replace the 120.3 with a .2?

My main question will be that of a case that I can house it all! A Galaxy 1000 psu (may be the 1700, if released in time) a pair of 8800s (poss. the 8850s, if out) the ram I am thinking is the OCZ Flex or the Cair Dominator. I have a sponsor meaning funds are pretty much unlimited!

Will the V2100 suit my needs?
Can you suggest me a case that will?
Do I attempt build my own case?
Do I mod my Kandalf? (Not really enough room IMO)

Lots of Love!

Associate
Wouldnt bother watercooling the ram or hard drives. Get a silentmaxx enclosure which are designed to silence hard drives. The silentmaxx are just big heatsinks and will cool a raptor well especially in a case with good airflow like the lian-li. As for ram just stick a fan blowing over it.

Depending on volts your going to use on chipset it might be worth using water on this. Pa rads are def best to go for as they have lowest flow restriction. As for pump if it needs to go through 4 gpu coolers, rads etc its going to need to be powerful so have a look at the Iwaki pumps (some info here):
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41495

Permabanned
OP
Thanks for the info on those pumps! i was hunting my ass off trying to find em! i have atm one D5, i was thinking of using two of them but it will just add heat and vibration to the lot, not to mention mess the flow up! I was going to leave the drives out, i will be having 4 150gig raptors and 4 500gig caviars, two sets (mirrod). 500s in an enclosure (if they wont take much room) with the striker board.

Should i keep my Storm G4 CPU block, have it on my FX62 but i am sure i can use it on 775 (quad) or anyone think of a better block these days

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Apparently the apogee is a better choice for the quads as they spread the heatsoak across the IHS and are not as concentrated in the centre as the storm.

Permabanned
OP
link

Bump... just got into work to find a nice pair of v2100, a v2000 and a pair of 201s, i just dont know which to open :confused: i was going to get the PSU out of stock but then ill be forced (by my brain) to build a the system before i plan my mods etc.

I am thinking of this kinda of look and layout! LOOK HERE it has a PA120.3 and a 120.2! Its pre cut etc! i would like that but with a ThermoChill rads, Pumps i think i may change, the window i would prefer it not to be a full, but only show the board etc.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I hate you Messiah, but love you at the same time! you put sooooo many ideas into my head mate.

I am still trying to find a supplier for the 201! found only one place! i am after a price on them etc. i am thinking that as they are so new the pre modded doors etc are either going to to cost the eart of no avil!

HELP!

PS, the pics of the v2100 are indeed sweet! that mod looks the part! and not to dear... i would love to take that idea and put it into the 201!
Hint-Hint-Nudge-Nudge! ya wanna little earner?

Soldato
Bananadude said:
Just curious why would you recommend the 201 over the 2100?

:)

Internally its almost identical, so to choose between them it really comes down to the exterior, which is far nicer on the 201 IMO.

M!!cook said:
I hate you Messiah, but love you at the same time! you put sooooo many ideas into my head mate.

I am still trying to find a supplier for the 201! found only one place! i am after a price on them etc. i am thinking that as they are so new the pre modded doors etc are either going to to cost the eart of no avil!

HELP!

PS, the pics of the v2100 are indeed sweet! that mod looks the part! and not to dear... i would love to take that idea and put it into the 201!
Hint-Hint-Nudge-Nudge! ya wanna little earner?

Hehe, I already have a backlog of mods i want to do, sorry. Whichever case you go with though, you won't be dissapointed, I can assure you that. :)

Permabanned
OP
Hehe, I already have a backlog of mods i want to do, sorry. Whichever case you go with though, you won't be dissapointed, I can assure you that.

Not a problem mate! and i am sure i will! i just need to work out the mods now i know its a toss up between the V2100 and the PC201!

anyone have any contacts for Laser cutting, Side Pan Window work? i really need some help. :D

Back
Top Bottom