Weird

Associate
Hi, have you guys ever experienced this weird thing happening at some games? I was playing just cause a while ago and when I'm playing it, its like the game will freeze for a second and run again.

Then after a while it will sort of hang for a second and everything moves again. Its like skipping frames or something. Anyone have any idea on what problem this might be? is it a game coding problem or what?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I just did a fresh install of XP tho last week. The weird thing is, it just stutters. Its like, when Im driving on the road, the game will sort of stutter for a bit then resume normal gameplay.

Associate
Hi, Sounds like you have software running in back ground.. Anti-virus programmes, MSN Messenger etc.. try and disabling them in msconfig in run command, hope this helps ;) great game though....

Associate
OP
gumbald said:
Something memory hogging / accessing hard drive in the background? Is it one particular game or all?

Well, I tried to play guild wars, wow, coh etc and no stuttering, its only just cause

Associate
OP
Na mate, its single player on just cause.

Other games I have played so far are fine. Thats what got me baffled, cause the only game I get these stutters is just cause and scarface.

Associate
OP
gumbald said:
You tried shutting everything non-essential down then playing the game? :)

I dont got much running at background. I only have MSN running and AVG virus. Thats the only 2 program thats running. I mean if those 2 affects gameplay, I would have gotten the same on other games wouldn't I?

Associate
search for "enditall2" for a fantastic utility that kills any uneccesary background processes or services. Unlike task manager, it has the ability to kill the processes, and they will not load up again. It is also freeware, easy to find with a google search.

Use the kill it all now feature to kill everything that is unescessary, remember to uncheck things like your firewall and antivirus though as it will kill absolutely everything that your system does not rely on to run.

Of course it wont stop malware from hogging up your system, but when i use msconfig to end all the services i dont need i still have around 34 processes running on bootup, with enditall2 its down to 24 :D

Soldato
I'm not at my main computer, I'm supposed to be "revising" (hence all my posts in general hardware :p) but...

Think it says somewhere on the download site about coming with a database, I quote: "In addtion, we have added the ability to save benchmark results and graph your saved benchmark results against previous results or results from the new, included, drive database."

It's a while since I used it, my HD was making a noise but could compare it to my other identical HD so didn't need the online database :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
gumbald said:
I'm not at my main computer, I'm supposed to be "revising" (hence all my posts in general hardware :p) but...

Think it says somewhere on the download site about coming with a database, I quote: "In addtion, we have added the ability to save benchmark results and graph your saved benchmark results against previous results or results from the new, included, drive database."

It's a while since I used it, my HD was making a noise but could compare it to my other identical HD so didn't need the online database :rolleyes:

I did the same, comparing to my other identical HDD. And give more or less the same result. So I don't think its the HD thats crapping me out. Is there a possibility of the RAM thats the culprit?

Associate
OP
gumbald said:
I suppose possible, it's still very strange that it's only in certain games? Try just one stick of RAM at a time? If the game plays fine using half the RAM, you've probably found your culprit :)

True, Ima run orthos etc later when i go sleep. Leave it overnight and see what it says.

Back
Top Bottom