WTD ... games with excellent epic storys, Scary + apocolyptic is preferable.

Associate
the legacy of kains
prince of persia sands of time (havent played two thrones but warrior within completely lost the appeal of the first with a SHOCKING NUMETAL SOUNDTRACK, if you can handle that maybe see if you can find it cheap)
final fantasy's
deus ex
dreamfall the longest journey
resident evil 4 when it eventually hits pc
silent hill series
F.E.A.R
elder scrolls oblivion cant get much more epic surely
baldurs gate games
planescape torment
command and conquer series, the fmv's are worth the asking price
chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay (forget the film)

Soldato
locutus12 said:
O. M. G. @ Farenheit! This game really is something special, im 15 minutes in and loving it!!!! my Thanks to you all!!

Be prepared for it to get a little... odd... but it's odd in a very good way.

Make sure you persist with the "Simon Says" control system as well. It can get a tad frustrating on occasion, but it actually works really well.

Permabanned
OP
spacegrass said:
chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay (forget the film)

but i loved the film ?? :(

Memphis said:
Be prepared for it to get a little... odd... but it's odd in a very good way.

Make sure you persist with the "Simon Says" control system as well. It can get a tad frustrating on occasion, but it actually works really well.

im mightily impressed with the control system, its a tad difficult but very unique,

Soldato
Another recommendation for Chronicles Of Riddick: EFBB and also Condemned: Criminal Origins; I wouldn't call it epic but the storyline and atmosphere are better than most horror films I've seen.

Also try the Silent Hill series. Not exactly epic but very engrossing and disturbing.

Soldato
I lost interest in Fahrenheit very quickly. It starts out fantastically, and the first level/mission is brilliantly done, but the story just goes stupid fast, and the action sequences rapidly lose their novelty value after a bit. I completed it, and it's still a good game, but it's nowhere close to the best the PC has going for it.

That would be Deus Ex, and I can't believe it took 25 posts before it got mentioned. It's got the best story in any game I've played, great action, an interesting setting, and is geniunely one of the smartest and most fantastic games I've ever played. It's the best game on the PC.

Soldato
Weebull said:
That would be Deus Ex, and I can't believe it took 25 posts before it got mentioned. It's got the best story in any game I've played, great action, an interesting setting, and is geniunely one of the smartest and most fantastic games I've ever played. It's the best game on the PC.

Hear hear! Plus it has a great storyline and is post-apocalyptic too. Entirely what the OP wanted.

Soldato
Thing is Deus Ex fits the OP's description and all, it's just that it's very ugly by today's standards. I tried playing it again the other day and I couldn't do it. Too ugly.

Soldato
Weebull said:
I lost interest in Fahrenheit very quickly. It starts out fantastically, and the first level/mission is brilliantly done, but the story just goes stupid fast, and the action sequences rapidly lose their novelty value after a bit. I completed it, and it's still a good game, but it's nowhere close to the best the PC has going for it.

Indeed! Im very surprised Fahrenheit gets such high kudos from people....its good but its not that good (yes indeedy im afraid the story turns into a great big turd about 1/2 or 3/4 of the way in, you will know when!) And the simon says action sequences more suited to a console game tbh. (expect something a bit more for a pc game)

Back
Top Bottom