Dell 2407 and X1900xt

Associate
hi

have finger over the Buy button for a Dell 2407 but have spoken to Overclockers on the phone who said that a X1900xt would struggle at the Dell's native res in modern games with lot of eye candy on.

Could someone please tell who has a X1900xt with the Dell 24" how it's been and what is there general gaming quality with a good fps?

My other specifications are E6600 @3.6, 2gig Geil, P5b.

Many thanks

malccy

Associate
playable framerates are very much subject to the person playing the game. I myself notice the slightest slowdown doing anything in a game and it winds me up lol. Don't worry about the card, that is easily replaced if you don't like it. As for the 2407? You will love it, as do pretty well most of the owners, myself included ;)

Cheers,

Nick :) (X1900XTX in crossfire)

Associate
OP
Well, screen arrived this morning as am loving it so far. Had a Viewsonic Vx921b 19" before so size does'nt stand out an awful amount but was impressed by the colours, brightness and general overall quality of the Dell.

Thanks again for help people.

Associate
My car cost me £250... think how I feel !

I'm hovering at the minute, but due to certain problems with using the 2407wfp with an xBox 360 I think I'll hold out

Thanks for the GFX card info though guys - I might be buying a new PC soon and was wondering what card to get

Soldato
I had exactly that combo when the XT was first out (I now just have the master card) and a single X1900 copes well without any problems I tried Oblivion and it ran great all up at max but I didnt get that far into the game before getting completely bored with it but racing games work fabulously

Back
Top Bottom