This Life +10, Spoilerswill be Shot

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I'm well looking forward to seeing this tonight at 9pm on BBC2.
Anybody else going to be watching it and remeber the original series first time round. I watched the series again recently just to get back in tune with it.
Lets hope it lives up to my expectations.

Discuss.
Who was Hawt of course.
Who will be watching.
And your funniest moment/character.

For me Egg was the funniest character and when the poof decked miles that was my favourite scene.
Milly was hawt but only in some scenes and that Scottish doris was minging i hated her.

#
See, it's not a heads up at all :D

Soldato
Oh hell ya. The ending was just spot on. Egg was the best character. So fun and real. The others all had serious issues, who doesn't, but Egg managed to enjoy life. I hated Milly for what she did. Soooo looking forward to tonights episode, shame its just a one off :(

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I dunno, if it's good enouth and the viewing figures are high i would have thought there is a good chance of a follow up.
I thought they were just testing the water with this one.

Soldato
malc30 said:
I'm well looking forward to seeing this tonight at 9pm on BBC2.
Anybody else going to be watching it and remeber the original series first time round. I watched the series again recently just to get back in tune with it.
Lets hope it lives up to my expectations.

Discuss.
malc30 said:
Who was Hawt of course.
Had a - errr - huge thing for Milly, just so sexy. Something about the control and the immaculate appearance.
malc30 said:
Who will be watching.
I've set two videos ! One at my Dad's house and my own so I make sure I don't miss it.
malc30 said:
And your funniest moment/character.
From the original series - either when Keira is kidding evryone whe is up the duff or one of the many times when Anna just destroyed someone.

Great series - it just so sums up my life during the nineties....

Soldato
Agreed.

Very poor special. In fact, one of the worst 'one offs' - I have ever seen. They didn't even seem remotely like their original characters.

I would like to say it was funny, well scripted and well acted. But it wasn't - and I doubt it was just me being 10 years older, as I still enjoyed the first 2 series now.

And when did they all start being whinging, agressive, Introspective wasters ?

Bad Idea to bring back this 'one off' - they should have left it the way it was as I dont know anyone here who enjoyed it :(

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
So did i cykey.
I enjoyed seeing all the old characters again and i think the episode worked well.
I literally laughed out loud about 4 times and all involved Egg :)

Man of Honour
I thought it was poor compared to the series.

Basically the gf and I have been doing blitzing through the DVD boxset over the last couple of weeks (we actually watched the final 3 eps last night before the new one). The show is as fresh as ever, it really is pure genius, definitely the greatest comedy drama I've ever witnessed.

The special, however, just wasn't the same. It started off feeling a bit contrived, there wasn't quite the same chemistry between the characters and in fact the whole concept was a bit... well just plain weird!

Having just watched the series there were quite a few unanswered questions in the special. Where does Francesca fit in? What about Miles&Egg's restaurant business? If Ferdy and Warren got back together, whatever happened to Lenny? How did Milly and Egg reconcile?

To be fair I thought the special did improve a little as it went on, but considering how much I was looking forward to it, I was left feeling rather empty. Acting was nothing special (probably due to them having not been in character for so long) - and what was with all that swearing from Milly! The best bit was probably the music!

Soldato
I must admit I wanted answers to tie up the end of the real series.

Just casual references to "Haven't seen you since Joe and Keira's wedding" or "So Egg, when was it you sold your cafe and started to write ?" would have been brilliant.

Get the feeling it was just an easy pay check for the original cast with no real thought to how the series ended or where everybody was left hanging.

A real dissapointment.

Soldato
Thing is its 10 years on. Just think how many things have changed for yourselves. I finished 6th form, went to uni, worked as a web designer, and now a photographer. I'm sure various things would have happened to them too. It might seem strange if they randomly talked about events 10 years ago. That would seem too forced. I got the feeling that they've maintained contact over the years, from Milly talking to Anna about becoming a Mum at dinner.

Suspended
divosuk said:
And when did they all start being whinging, agressive, Introspective wasters ?
(

When they all became middle aged - or have you not met any middle aged people!! :D

I actually enjoyed it and, taken in context that it was a group of friends meeting ten years later, thought it was probably more true to life portrayed that way.

Don't agree with the criticisms either as, if they were hoping for a new series, all the answers would\will be brought out over a period of time. If the special had been four hours long it may have been possible but just to get them all together again and have them rush into a headlong "Guess what i have done for the last ten years" would have been a farce and done no justice to the original series!!.

The characters are ten years older, and as already mentioned, would not necessarily be "exactly" as they were then and potentially would be far more complex characters with time and age.

I for one will be an avid watcher if they do resurrect the programme......be a bit like one toe in the grave with Milly taking the lead role!! :D

Back
Top Bottom