a cheap and cheerful joystick

Associate
Hi, Ive just got il2 sturmovik 1946 and since im a huge fps nut dont see the point in spending much on a top of the line stick.

I would like something with force feedback, good level of customisation on the buttons, and USB. I like the look of the saitek cyborg evo, although I only want to spend around £15 ideally if its honestly impossible to get anything good for that price I will probably shell out for that one if anyone can tell me if theyve had a good experience with it.

Associate
saitek cyborg evo , not the wireless or anything, its rocks , very adjustable and comfortable , lots of buttons to get the feel u want and its just good :p

about £30 , u can find it for.

Associate
OP
great, ive just bought the evo for £28, can anyone reccomend me some good flight games other than the il2 series?

im not interested in ms flight simulator, Im looking for other good combat flight sims, nothing arcadey like blazing angels thanks.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Get yourself on BF2 matey there's loads of combat flying to be done on there and your enemys are real.
Jets and Attack Choppers and Blackhawks the choice is yours.
BF2 is dead cheap nowadays and the servers are still full. Flying is not my thing really but there are some seriously good pilots on BF2.

No bombing Colonels though a ;)

Associate
malc30 said:
Get yourself on BF2 matey there's loads of combat flying to be done on there and your enemys are real.
Jets and Attack Choppers and Blackhawks the choice is yours.
BF2 is dead cheap nowadays and the servers are still full. Flying is not my thing really but there are some seriously good pilots on BF2.

No bombing Colonels though a ;)

Prefer microsoft flight sim meself but i can agree with that, BF2/Battlefield 2 is a great game

Associate
OP
how does it work in bf2 when you want to walk around and shoot and then you feel like getting in a plane? do you just move to the joystick is it seamless like that?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Yes mate you just walk up to whatever vehicle you fancy and press E.
Once in you use your pre set up joystick.
Works a treat even when you get hit whislt flying.
Press E for a quick bail out and 8 for your parachute, job done then it's on the floor for some infantry or Armour action.

Associate
well yes.. you use the mouse/keyboard for moving, then you just grab the joystick for flying.

as for joystick choice, i have the cyborg evo force feedback...

i think the FF is great, but there is a dead spot in the centre, where the gimbal spring doesnt do much as its weaker that the normal evo due to the FF, and the FF hasnt yet engaged. therefore i tend to fly choppers in BF2 with the mouse, but jets with the joystick

Back
Top Bottom