Asrock Conroe945G-DVI

Associate
Hi there, I'll be getting an Asrock Conroe945G-DVI soon, but I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone could answer regarding which CPU and RAM to get.

1 - Which CPU would you recommend, the 6300 or 6400? I've never overclocked before, and I gather that this mobo isn't a fantastic overclocker, but I would like to have a go at getting something out of it, even it's only a few measly extra megahertz.

2 - Which 2Gb of RAM would you recommend? I need to strike a balance here - there's no point getting RAM that won't let me overclock, but then again there's no point spending loads on super-duper RAM bearing in mind the limitations of the mobo.

Thanks

Associate
Dagon said:
Hi there, I'll be getting an Asrock Conroe945G-DVI soon, but I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone could answer regarding which CPU and RAM to get.

1 - Which CPU would you recommend, the 6300 or 6400? I've never overclocked before, and I gather that this mobo isn't a fantastic overclocker, but I would like to have a go at getting something out of it, even it's only a few measly extra megahertz.

2 - Which 2Gb of RAM would you recommend? I need to strike a balance here - there's no point getting RAM that won't let me overclock, but then again there's no point spending loads on super-duper RAM bearing in mind the limitations of the mobo.

Thanks

6300 or 6400 both are decent and overclock well, if you feel rich go for the 6400, the 6300 can be clocked easy enough.

You have to note this board only recommends that you use upto PC5400 667 memory. Other then that they stable rock solid boards........

Back
Top Bottom