Intel D975XBX2 - badaxe 2 questions

Associate
james32 said:
can anybody tell me if the badaxe2 does double restarts @ 400fsb?

They don't.

400MHz FSB is easy although they tend to top out around 420MHz when using the default 1066 strap.
(They'll then go further if dropping to the slower 1333 strap).

Associate
nightic said:
They don't.

400MHz FSB is easy although they tend to top out around 420MHz when using the default 1066 strap.
(They'll then go further if dropping to the slower 1333 strap).

thanks m8 thats what i wanted to hear, so seems asus 975 chipsets
are poorer than the intel ones.

i herd intel changed the manufacturing country of intel 975 chipsets
silicon, thats problay the reason why they dont reboot like on the badaxe 1
and all asus 975 chipset boards.

Soldato
Nope...I just replaced my Bad Axe 2 with a 680i for sli, and the Intel was the best mobo I ever had. It took any cooler I threw at it. I had a Scythe Ninja, then a Tuniq. No issue with clearance or problems with caps on the back of the mobo.

Also - the latest bios does NOT fix the HD led staying on issue. That bios fix should be coming next week :)

Associate
OP
Flanno said:
Nope...I just replaced my Bad Axe 2 with a 680i for sli, and the Intel was the best mobo I ever had. It took any cooler I threw at it. I had a Scythe Ninja, then a Tuniq. No issue with clearance or problems with caps on the back of the mobo.

Also - the latest bios does NOT fix the HD led staying on issue. That bios fix should be coming next week :)

Hi flanno, could you use all 4 ram slots?
how hard are the sycthe and tuniq to fit?
Also can you compare the weight of the scythe to the tuniq that weights 798g

sorry for all the Qs im putting an order in for a full system soon and the last few things are now falling into place :)

Associate
Scythe Ninja is easy enough to fit if the m/b is out you'll struggle if its in the case :rolleyes:

you can use all 4 slots but you cannot fit any mem coolers due to slots being to close to video card this is the one and only flaw I can find with the board

Back
Top Bottom