Vauxhall Corsa VXR

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I used to crive a Corsa a few years ago and it did me proud, getting me from A to B without too much fuss or undue excitement until it got a little long in the tooth and had to be put out to pasture.

This one, on the other hand looks like a lot more fun than my old one...

http://www.gizmag.co.uk/go/6684/

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/vxr/flash/index_main.html

Even though I'm not likely to buy one, I still like it (even if it does remind me of a Sport Ka).

Soldato
I haven't driven the new Corsa but it will need to be considerably better built and have much much better handling than the last model to be able to compete with the competition.

Permabanned
Its in this weeks auto express, looks like a 207/clio clone tbh.

It sounds quick looking at the specs, 0-60 in around 6.8, thats as quick as my ST :eek:

Associate
I've got myself down for a test drive for when it comes out, I expect it'll be very fast in a straight line, but with 18 inch wheels on such a small car I can't see the handling being good at all (that and the fact it's a corsa ;)).

Soldato
Tupac said:
Should respond well to a remap...

I can't help but think the Astra VXR/Focus ST will be more value for money second hand, because i'm sure I read this Corsa will cost over £15k :eek:

They also say that a clio 197 is nearly 16k, but nobody pays that. :D

Soldato
Meh, if it's anything like the rest of the VXRs it'll go like stink in a straight line then be understear city when it comes to corners.

18s won't be helping the handling at all on such a small car, personally i'd rather take a 2nd hand Clio 182.

Soldato
This is however imo the first old skool approach of the new breed of hot hatches. Its performance and looks compared to the competition screams Nova GTE :)

If I were to get a hot hatch again, it would have to be this. The focus ST next possibly.

All the other hot hatches of recent like the 197 etc seem to have been a more refined version of their predecessors wheras this is the total opposite.

Soldato
Its a sad state when you know this car will get slagged purely for its name.

imo it looks good is quite nippy and if it handles well could become a very nice little car. :)

Soldato
I don't like Vauxhall's; especially Corsa's. I don't like the way it looks, and I don't think it'll handle well.

But AFAIK nobody in the media has driven one (or at least written about it), and I certainly haven't. So I'll sit on the fence for now ;)

Soldato
I saw an article in a local mag today about the VXR and I have to say its looks alone impressed me! I would consider one in a few years possibly but I dont think I could upgrade from a corsa, to another corsa, I'd rather save a few for pennies and get a nice spec new Astra.

Associate
why dont vauxhall stop messing about and put the 2.2 turbo engine in from the factory? i promise you within 10 years dave will have one sat in his garage that he has done himself...
does anyone know the real reason why they never did this stuff?
i have heard from an unreliable source that there was a lotus nova that had a 2.0 16v engine... but i know vauxhall never did one,
and the turbo engine goes in the corsa as easy as the 2l non turbo one does...
why not even a turbo mk3 astra? when thye were doing the callys and cavv's.

just my thoughts :) - and they are that i would rather have a 150mph nova for a grand..and feel happy knowing the other 14 is in my pocket :D

Dan

Back
Top Bottom