The FA Cup Final Thread

Associate
Well played arsenal, they got the job done and made sure that they did not end the season empty handed. It was the first cup final i have watched for years (i am normaly at work) and i enjoyed it. Shame there wernt a few more goals though.

Ratty ;)

Associate
I think the only reason people are getting stressed at Arsenal playing keep-ball at the end was just because they did it so well. Literally any team in the world would have done the same, only not so annoyingly well. :)

Soldato
Originally posted by tom_w
Nice to see that at least those "true" Arsenal fans who cannot go to see any games for <insert made up reason here> can at the very least go down to the pub to cheer them on.

hehe, oh noes not the season ticket holders arent true fan arguement :p

about us not being good sportsman,

Arsenal cleared the ball when one of their players was injured, henry came over and kicked it out of play.

when parlour was down INFRONT of southampton they carried on playing.

Soldato
Just read the last two pages having left to get some food. I can understand how people dont like Timeswasting, i dont and Arsenal invited it on themselves by not killing the game like they should have done. It was scrappy but from the earlier seasons performances i think they deserved it. But i could say the same for Southampton who just didnt have the edge over Arsenal. In the end it was very even, wasnt the best of games like it should have been.

Soldato
also us winning this means its another arsenal vs man utd community shield match, that should be a cracker :)

I was so suprised how well we time wasted at the end, ive seen us try it before but it usually goes horribly wrong. I think for 6 mins they couldnt get it from us :eek:

well played southampton though, cant knock them for not trying, it just wasnt their day

Soldato
Originally posted by Bossman
Not really as we dont usually give a toss. You can have it now if you want.

BS, u tell fergie that.

The cup might not mean much but loosing to ur biggest rivals is not acceptable for either teams.

If man utd had played someone else then maybe u wouldnt care but as its against us, ur team and manager will give a damn, i guarantee it :)

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
BS, u tell fergie that.

The cup might not mean much but loosing to ur biggest rivals is not acceptable for either teams.

If man utd had played someone else then maybe u wouldnt care but as its against us, ur team and manager will give a damn, i guarantee it :)

I'll stick my neck out now and say that we'll lose and it'll be a half-assed performance. Can i say that?

Permabanned
Not really as we dont usually give a toss. You can have it now if you want.

Already making excuses for it :eek:

And any United 'supporters' chanting about Arsenal's unsportsman-like timewasting really ought to look first at their unsportsman-like attitude towards other teams. Practice what you preach children.

Soldato
I'll stick my neck out now and say that we'll lose and it'll be a half-assed performance. Can i say that?

well i dont know about that.

also by saying that if u loose u can say "i told u so" if u win u can say "oh what a pleasant suprise" hehe ;)

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
well i dont know about that.

also by saying that if u loose u can say "i told u so" if u win u can say "oh what a pleasant suprise" hehe ;)
In that case i cant win can i? What exactly do you want to hear? I'm stating my opinion and i'm entitled to that.

Soldato
What's all this crap about us not giving you the ball back when Parlour was down? You didn't even kick it out of play!!!!!!! You just lost possession of it. Cole booted it away when it had already gone off, so stop your moaning!

I was frustrated with Arsenal at the end of the ball keeping possession of it. Not because I hate teams doing that, but just because they were so good at it. My dad was saying it was a pathetic way to finish a cup final match, but they kept the ball for a good two minutes or more. I really did just want to cry when we couldn't get the ball back. Though I doubt even Real Madrid or any of Europe's other top teams would have got the ball back with Arsenal playing like that.

Was gutted. Really ****** off that the game was won by that goal. Its so frustrating. One lucky goal. That was the difference. We had a game plan and played it well. It was clear that our intention was not to go out and try to play attacking football with Arsenal as it wouldn't have been a match then at all. Then after we had got back into the game after plenty of early scares, THAT happened. Was really sickening.

Wasn't happy with the referee performance. Thought he was crap all the way through, booking us for several challenges which Arsenal players didn't get punished for when doing the same to us.

I'm proud of the players for getting to the final and every one of them can hold their heads up high. They were all fantastic.

If only Ashley Cole hadn't have been stood on the line... :(

Congrats to Arsenal though.

Associate
Thought it was a fairly entertaining match..wanted Southampton to win though...as for the timewasting bit .....WTF?..Most teams do it in one form or another but that was pathetic..(the little wall they built around the ball!!)....
Im sorry, but if I was one of the Southampton players I would have flown in there, studs showing etc!!
Might as well get sent off but knowing you've hurt one of those tossers would be well worth it IMHO.
The F.A. Cup is a well honoured spectacle, shown around the world..to end it like that was pitiful. My team do it too, and I hate it but as I said before, that was the worst bit of "gamesmanship" Ive ever seen!!

Rant over

Soldato
The only thing annoying about it for me was the fact I'm a Southampton fan, we needed the ball and simply could not get it. Its not against the rules and any team in the world in their position would have done it. I don't blame Arsenal for doing it. If the result had been 1-0 to us, I would have expected Southampton to do exactly the same. Granted, we couldn't keep possession of the ball as well as they did in those last minutes :p

What if Southampton were 1-0 up and doing that? You say you wanted them to win - would you be happy for them just to give the ball to Arsenal and risk conceding and equalising goal? I wouldn't! I would be screaming for Beattie to get the ball in the corner and to shield it so they couldn't have it!

Soldato
Originally posted by CliffyG
Firstly, Arsenal not putting the ball out. LOL, southampton carried on attacking, i don't think anyone realised he was down. Remember it was from a goal kick and the ball was in the Arsenal half when it landed. Everyone's quite quick to call cheat even though Southampton took their time kicking it out when Parlour was down.

People are only going on about the Parlour being down incident aren't they? Which was in a 50-50 challenge with Marsden. Not Niemi's injury.

By the way, that is a very good point about paying money for Sky TV which goes to the clubs. I have never thought of using that in an argument before :p Good point!!!

Soldato
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
People are only going on about the Parlour being down incident aren't they? Which was in a 50-50 challenge with Marsden. Not Niemi's injury.

LOL ok i seem to have got the wrong end of the stick on this point :p.

Soldato
Originally posted by BigB@dJ@y
The F.A. Cup is a well honoured spectacle, shown around the world..to end it like that was pitiful. My team do it too, and I hate it but as I said before, that was the worst bit of "gamesmanship" Ive ever seen!!

what ever dude, ive seen it done loads of times

with 5 mins left, ur winning by 1 goal would u want ur team to risk loosing the ball, i know i wouldnt.

Back
Top Bottom