retro gaming - snes

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
Blowing in the cart to make it work, fiddling with the power cable so that the system turned on and fighting over who got the controller with the dodgy R button. That's nostalgia and something emulators just don't do.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough for you.
Right, I get what you mean now. Wasn't really clear as you said none of the above points in your previous post.

Did all of the above things back in the 16bit days (seem to remember claiming the one good controller most of the time as it was usually my console.)

I'm sure some people don't really care about those things tho, they just want to play the game again.

Soldato
Throughout my years of gaming starting in the 80's, I don't think i've ever enjoyed my days in gaming as much as I did playing SFII and Mario Kart with a bunch of pals, some beers & Pizza on the original SNES.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The problem with emulator is they just don't feel right, they invariably gloss up the graphics a bit. They make it too easy to cheat and they give you too many games to play so you never end up appreciating them.

Associate
sirlemonhead said:
I loved that game..I should buy it from ebay. I remember trying to years ago but couldnt find a copy anywhere :(
Picked mine up from Gamestation for a couple of quid a few years back, unboxed sadly but better than nothing. It's the official snes pad I need to get hold of again, only ever seem to find competition pro pads in the shops.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Kreeeee said:
You obviously never played a SNES with mates in its hayday or you'd know it simply doesn't compare to emulators at all.

pssst. its the same game... just run via another means!

and i know about mario kart, i played it when it was originally out on the nses in drastic battle mode action. similarly over the last couple of years my mate has had mario kart out (is and was one of the only games his sisters could play..)

so i have a good grounding on both platforms and i think the 2 experiences do compare.

Soldato
Donkey Kong Country, Starwing, Street Fighter II.

My mate had this NBA Basketball game back in the days when it was popular. It was always a race to select the Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan f.t.w). What I remember distinctly is smacking a button (I think it was the shoulder button) and their trainers would light up and do a super throw, usually landing me a three pointer from the other side of the court :D

Soldato
SiD the Turtle said:
Donkey Kong Country, Starwing, Street Fighter II.

My mate had this NBA Basketball game back in the days when it was popular. It was always a race to select the Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan f.t.w). What I remember distinctly is smacking a button (I think it was the shoulder button) and their trainers would light up and do a super throw, usually landing me a three pointer from the other side of the court :D

Was that NBA Jam?

I love my SN, I took it into work recently, all the guys loved the SF2T action, stuff fancy graphics, these games are legendary.

Ive been playing Zelda (NES) on the wii loads recently, a fantastic free- roaming game

Associate
Speaking of SNES games, can anyone remember the name of the game where you were a blue blob of putty.
Pretty vauge I know but I remember getting this game for xmas one year and would love to play it again. I just cant remember the name :(

Man of Honour
Putty Squad mate, great coop and one of my favourite games.

putty2.gif

Back
Top Bottom