Need to reduce PC Noise

Soldato
Currently im running a Lian Li PC65 with the stock 80mm fans (four of them), plus a Intel S478 with the stock cooler, and its getting a little loud for my liking :) . So basically im looking for a 4 80mm fans and a S478 cooler with the aim to reduce noise in the PC, all components are running at stock so temps for OC'ing not an issues. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys :)

Soldato
I changed all the 80mm fans in my two PC60s for Akasa Ambers and the difference was amazing. The Amber may not be absolutely the best fan out there but it's easily available and a vast improvement over Lian-Li's standard fans. I don't use the top extraction fan as I haven't found it necessary.

Socket 478 coolers aren't as hard to get as Socket A yet but they're definitely thinning out. How about something from the Scythe range or one of the Thermaltake Typhoons?

Jonathan

Soldato
OP
Hi, thanks for the reply, i was considering the ambers as my top choice, price is good aswell. Do you have those ambers at 12v or have you 7v modded them, ive heard they really become quite at 7v. As for cpu cooler, ocuk have lots of coolers which still come with S478 fittings, i was considering the Thermalright Ultra-90 with an Amber 92mm.

Edit; yes i totally agree about the noise dapening pads, they just look like precut foam blocks, and i remember reports from around 2/3 years ago that said they do nothing.

Soldato
Mine are at 12V. The front two are connected to the three-speed controller built-in to the case. There is a slight but noticable difference when they're on the middle setting but I wanted the extra airflow so they're on full speed.

Soldato
>:|sh4d0w|:< said:
Currently im running a Lian Li PC65 with the stock 80mm fans (four of them), plus a Intel S478 with the stock cooler, and its getting a little loud for my liking :) . So basically im looking for a 4 80mm fans and a S478 cooler with the aim to reduce noise in the PC, all components are running at stock so temps for OC'ing not an issues. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys :)

Turn off 3 of them and leave one (extraction fan) running. Monitor your temperatures very carfully for a couple of days and if they go up, turn on the second extraction fan. I bet they won't go up. I'm running Akasa Eclipses on PWM controllers and the fans spin very slowly for about 5 minutes every hour just to drop the temperatures back down to room temperature.

One of the Eclipses has no case fans running at all and it only runs a couple of degrees warmer than the others.

These machines only have a passive graphics card too :)

Back
Top Bottom