Things I hate about Vista

Caporegime
Energize said:
Illegally it can without emulation.

Suprising, then again tis not a legit os for x86 pc's. To be honest i think the only reason people go on and on about how good apple's os's are is because macs mostly are fixed platforms, only thing that really varies is the amount of ram, hd space and cpu speed. If they tried to bring osx out as a competing operating system they would have one helluva headache with the amount of hardware and drivers and thousands of totally different pc configs there is.

Caporegime
Energize said:
simple and professional is what I need, not huge bloated icons. And of course something like nlite to remove the junk m$ install.

You know you can change the size of all the icons. ;)

Right click> View> Classic icons :)

Soldato
Things I hate about Vista....

The same god damned licensing questions being posted over and over again along with the old classic "Which version should I buy?" and not to forget "Should I go 32 or 64 bit?".

Please make it stop...please...please

Caporegime
5tephen said:
Windows Mobility Centre.

Which isn't included in home basic...

It seems vista has even less features than windows xp sometimes, windows xp home synched with my pda fine but apparantly the vista equivilent can't and people will have to shell out another £20 for a more bloated version to get it. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Associate
Energize said:
Which isn't included in home basic...

It seems vista has even less features than windows xp sometimes, windows xp home synched with my pda fine but apparantly the vista equivilent can't and people will have to shell out another £20 for a more bloated version to get it. Unbelievable.

Ok I stand corrected, I really don't know what features are left out in what versions and I think it's a bit confusing, all I have is the beta and it's of the Ultimate version :)

Permabanned
Well, been using Vista on my mates Laptop and i think it is stunning. Fast for me and well presented. A joy to use. A big improvement on XP as far as i am concerned. I will be getting Home Premium when things settle down.

Associate
What do i hate about Vista?
From a business point of view lots.
No printer drivers yet from HP for the Printer server running 2003.
The drivers are in Vista, so i can fudge it to work with a network printer, but cant install Vista drivers on the server.

And now the biggest one, Exchange 2003 Management console will not install in Vista and it seems M$ have no intention at the moment to get it to work!!!!
So Vista Business is no use since i cant easily run all the management tools. Had to fudge the Adminpak install to get ADUC to work properly.
You'd have thought that M$ would have anticipated this and made sure all the admin stuff worked from the off, but alas it is not to be.

Caporegime
OP
I find it a bit daft that Internet Explorer 7 is a 32bit application on 64bit Vista.

(I've installed it again, giving it another chance).

Soldato
XP x64 came with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE as well.. Basically they had to provide a 32-bit version because there is so many ActiveX controls out there that they'd be breaking compatibility with.

Associate
And now another bug with Vista.
Installing Adobe Reader 8.
You start the install, let it unpack it's self to temp folder in your profile. Once thats done and the Installer says "run the setup", you copy that Adobe 8 folder from the temp location to some where else. Cancel the install. Then open the Adobe 8 folder and run the msi.
What a mess!!!

Caporegime
PhilthyPhil said:
cp.png
What a simple, concise, easy to use menu :rolleyes:. Does typing in wallpaper in the search show what option you need to click to change the wallpaper?

Back
Top Bottom