ConRoe945G-DVI

Associate
Hey all,

I have just put my new system together with his board. I have toped out at 2.7ghz as is ecpected of 299mhz at 9x. I knew this board wasnt an overlocking solution when i got it.

However i was wondering if anyone else with this board had done better? or if anyone knows whether a bios with more vcore and vdimm will ever be brought out? or even if thi is possible?

thanks all.

oh forgot to say im running a 6600. :D

Associate
yes over here:

cpuzasrock28.jpg

Soldato
Pants : I just raised the FSB to 315 and it posted !

Shesh not bad for a cheap E6300 and mobo.

I'll see how long it lasts : Its running boinc at the moment.

EDIT : Make that now 325Mhz ;) 330 POSTED but couldnt get into windows

Last edited:
Associate
OP
heheyea typo :p

yea mine only goes to 299, however iveheard others say they think the board could be capable of upto 350 but prehpas thats just wishful thinking hehe

Soldato
acesausage said:
heheyea typo :p

yea mine only goes to 299, however iveheard others say they think the board could be capable of upto 350 but prehpas thats just wishful thinking hehe

Mines doing really well ! I'm quite suprised...

I got the feeling it'll do 333(RAM frequency) I'm gona give it a try now.

Associate
heres my latest addition, unfortunatly cpuz does not work with vista x64 as yet, the pic on the above post is x32. The fsb speeds do not show but it's running at 325fsb :

asrockcon945dvi2923x325.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
acesausage said:
lol, i must just be unlucky :p tell me if your stable at 225 :D

Stable at 333x7 = E6300 @ 2.331Ghz

Coming up to 24hours of max load on both cores (BOINC / Folding).

Even rebooted earlier today to slow down the CPU fan from 2200 -> 1700 to get silent running from the CPU cooler... Pity my PSU is noisy so I'll be looking out for a silent PSU :)

Temps on full load 50C (I'm liking this cheap and nasty Alpine 7 cooler lol)

Associate
I can run my E6400 @ 350x8 2.8gig, but the down side is running the pcie freq at 117 its stable as ive had it run for a whole week with no crashes, but im concerned about maybe long term dmg to maybe the gfx card and sata drives so for the time being im back to default clock speeds.

Also add that memory is 1xgig ddr667 AeonOne @1:1

Im sure this board could do a lot more with a decent bios upgrade that will open up the fsb past 350.

Soldato
Wurbs said:
I can run my E6400 @ 350x8 2.8gig, but the down side is running the pcie freq at 117 its stable as ive had it run for a whole week with no crashes, but im concerned about maybe long term dmg to maybe the gfx card and sata drives so for the time being im back to default clock speeds.

Thanks for that (top post) I think I'll roll back from 122 to 117 for safety.. don't think I'll push to 350 as 333 sounds fast enough.

Do you seriously think a mild 17% overclock on the pci-e will damage the sata drives / gfx ? (ps I'm using the supplied DVI card)

edit : and yes a decent BIOS upgrade could potentially open up a lot more for this board but doubt we'll get it :eek:

Associate
ive read a few things on forums since i built 2 identical systems with this board.

Some stick with the 299 max without increasing the pcie freq others push it to 333 or above by increasing it.

The feeling i get from forums is that continued use of running with high pcie freq will eventually cause the gfx card to fail or corrupt data on sata drives, although no one has reported this yet.

Ive tried all the bios updates and nothing has changed regarding overclocking options sadly.

Back
Top Bottom