Scrambled eggs

Associate
Pho said:
...whenever I break eggs I usually end up with tiny pieces of shell in the egg, so I break them into a dish first and remove every piece of shell.

if you get a little bit of shell in your egg mix, use the big bit of the shell thats left to scoop out the fallen pieces
works every time, they just seems to want to stick to each other
readysteadycook taught me something :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Pho said:
I'd prefer to cook them this way, but whenever I break eggs I usually end up with tiny pieces of shell in the egg, so I break them into a dish first and remove every piece of shell.

Maybe it's just my egg breaking technique? Is there any preferred methods with cracking them on the side of a dish/cup or with a knife?

*Sharp* knife, one sharp tap, pull apart, gently into pan/dish. If you go at it with a hammer you're bound to get bits of shell in it :p.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Cheers, I'll give those a try then :).

I usually scoop the shell out with a spoon, which is a tedious process :p I'll try the shell idea.

Soldato
when i scramble my eggs i like to have the yolk only just cooked so that its nice and orange with a runny texture to it

its very easy to make

warm up a frying pan and add a tiny bit of oil, or one spray of non stick oil
while thats on the go seperate 3 eggs
pour the whites into the pan and using a spatula scrape the egg around so that it doesnt overcook
once the whites are 3/4 done add the yolks
keep scraping & scrambling the eggs slowly until the yolks start to solidify - (dont over cook or they will turn yellow and wont be as nice)
now put on your toast or whatever and grind a little salt and pepper over
now eat
now make some more
eat again! ;)

Soldato
JBuk said:
when i scramble my eggs i like to have the yolk only just cooked so that its nice and orange with a runny texture to it

its very easy to make

warm up a frying pan and add a tiny bit of oil, or one spray of non stick oil
while thats on the go seperate 3 eggs
pour the whites into the pan and using a spatula scrape the egg around so that it doesnt overcook
once the whites are 3/4 done add the yolks
keep scraping & scrambling the eggs slowly until the yolks start to solidify - (dont over cook or they will turn yellow and wont be as nice)
now put on your toast or whatever and grind a little salt and pepper over
now eat
now make some more
eat again! ;)

Nah I'm with the scrambled means scrambled crew, that's fried eggs that is.

Soldato
Cybermyk said:
Nah I'm with the scrambled means scrambled crew, that's fried eggs that is.

its kind of a hybrid. very tasty though :)

my other method is to place knob of butter in a saucepan along with 3 eggs, turn on the heat on very low ,keep stirring the mixture, it will soon start to cook very slowly (if it starts to get too hot then lift the pan of the heat for 10 seconds) keep this up until the eggs are fully scrambled, now add a little more butter and some chives then a little double cream (just enough to give the eggs a silky smooth consistency)
eat!

goes lovely with some very thick toast made with farmhouse bread :)

Man of Honour
dbmzk1 said:
Egg + Milk + Other stuff that tastes good + Microwave = Win

Hell of a lot nicer than in a pan imo. Also you don't have to scrape burnt egg from the bottom of said pan if you do it in the microwave :p

Learn how to cook then if you're burning them ;)

Soldato
*Runs off to make scrambled egg on toast*

I personally mix my eggs up in a bowl and ad salt & pepper then pop it into a pan with butter.

A good bit of mature cheddar added near the end makes it even tastier too :D.

Soldato
Killa_ken said:
microwave! :eek:

I fry mine and i dont use milk

Whisk two eggs in bowl throw in pan mess up with spachelor!
Indeed - No Microwave and definitely no milk! Just three eggs, lump of butter, salt, pepper and three minutes of elbow grease.

Associate
yeha i prefer microwave scrambled egg easier than pan

butter up abowl so doesnt stick
3 eggs
nob of butter
wisk
heat
wisk
heat

until u get the texture you like i like mine just under cooked
add a lil of watever u fancy on top i love thin strips of salmon on mine and enjoy .

Soldato
Melt butter in pan. Whisk eggs in bowl until they've got lots of air in them. Pour eggs into pan, add a glug of milk and then stir continuously over a low heat until done. Voila!

No salt and pepper for me. They taste nicer with cream than milk, but we never have any in so I never use it.

Soldato
Goatboy said:
Microwave??? are you sick or something? they should be banned, awful inventions that ruin food.

I just use butter and eggs, keep putting it on and off the heat stirring away vigorously (will keep cooking whilst it's off the heat).

Scrambled egg actually tastes better microwaved and is easier to cook. ;)

Man of Honour
After reading through this thread I have come to the conclusion that I am starvin' 'ungry! Could really do with a great big plate of scrambled eggs on toast right now. :D

Soldato
I make scrambled egg every weekend during lunch break.

1) Crack 3 eggs and mix in a measuring jug
2) Add a tiny bit of butter and milk into a pan and stir till mixed
3) Add the 3 eggs and continuously stir
4) Wait for the egg to begin to form and lower the gas, continuously stir
5) Take off when it stops looking sloppy and continue to stir
6) Wait till it looks more 'formed' (ie there's no sloppy bits)
7) enjoy :D

The trick is to take the egg of before it goes rubbery! The egg still cooks in the pan after the gas has been turned off, you need the timing JUST right otherwise it will be to sloppy or rubbery :D

egt

egt

Associate
Drink 3 raw eggs, go for a jog around the block, hold your head over a large plate and stick your fingers down your throat...voila..scrambled eggs! no need to heat and no pans to clean.

Back
Top Bottom