OP
cleanbluesky said:
Now he's going up to the cloh-set
Oh my god I'm trapped in the cloh-set
Now he's coming up to the cloh-set
Now he's opening the cloh-set
cloh-set
cloh-set

Is this chapter 12 where your GF was with the Midget? :( Seriously please keep this thread on track man...seem to be going off track.

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
As in no-one is going to force you...

oh please, that is the dumbest statement i have ever heard you make and on here youve made a few. And to think i used to believe you were quite an intelligent fellow.

a choice you say ? so you actively choose to sleep with women over men even though you find them equally attractive in a sexual way ? no ? i didnt think so. by your argument we are all actively choosing the sex of whom our sexual and life partners are?

flawed argument, very very flawed unless the entire world is bisexual and at some point we are all supposed to actively choose to like women.

now whilst i have no doubt a few people have "become" homosexual due to various experiences in there lives, for the other 95% of us its no more a choice than my eye colour. i dont choose to like men over women, what an absolutely stupid and moronic thing to assume and one in which you or any other person has no business assuming of any gay person, its small minded, presumptuous, and totally wrong and i have no doubt you will try and argue with me even though i am a gay man and your not and as such i feel im a little more credible than these idiotic concocted Christian notions of "choice" over natural occurrence which people like yourself keep trying (and for the most part, failing) to push.

some of the people in this thread make me ashamed to be human and certainly ashamed to be british, i am glad to see the law was upheld and that it will continue to stand, once we have full equality in the law books all we then need to work on is full equality in the mind of society its self, something i feel will be much harder to achieve due to the prevalent child like attitudes in parts of society today.

can i aslo ask what on earth makes you all think that 2 gay men or gay women stopping in a BnB are instantly going to start shagging all over the place ? ffs, not everythings about sex, i mean for the love of god, anal sex is more prevalent amongst straight people than gay men if thats what your all so bloody against. some of you need to grow up.

Last edited:
Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Now he's going up to the cloh-set
Oh my god I'm trapped in the cloh-set
Now he's coming up to the cloh-set
Now he's opening the cloh-set
cloh-set
cloh-set

Indeed from a great album and music video but how is it relevant to the thread? :D

But in general, I get more and more disturbed by the views of some of the people posting on here recently.

Soldato
jezsoup said:
Why are you comparing soemthign that teaches hate against black (I know that was an example) to Christianity, Christianity NEVER teaches hate, just because we think soemthings wrong doesnt mean we hate the people or anything. Thakfully some people have a clue what they are talking about and arnt totally misinformed!

My very simple point was that, hate or not, what my religion teaches me shouldn't necessarily automatically be valid in law. If my religion teaches me to kiss every woman I see, I shouldn't be exempt from sexual harrasment suits because of it.

And again, while I'm here, homosexuality is a choice just as much as heterosexuality and asexuality is a choice.

Soldato
When people state that homosexuality is a choice they often get shouted down. But we need to define "choice".

I might choose to do something that I don't naturally choose to do if motivated by - say - money. If I offer a heterosexual man £1000000 to play hide the sausage with another bloke's chocolate starfish he might 'choose' to be homosexual.

BUT - no one can choose whether to innately fancy men of women.

As to the law - What two consenting adults get up to together is none of my business as long as it doesn't hurt others.

Equally, I would respect a business's right to refuse to serve me for any reason they choose from my height to my skin colour. It might hurt my feelings but that is my problem to deal with my own issues.

So on balance I disagree with the new laws, but then I also disagree with the laws on disability access (businesses should be savvy enough to realise if they will or wont benefit from being disabled friendly) and smoking bans (likewise some pubs would be fuller if they had a self imposed smokingban).

Permabanned
Hodders said:
I might choose to do something that I don't naturally choose to do if motivated by - say - money. If I offer a heterosexual man £1000000 to play hide the sausage with another bloke's chocolate starfish he might 'choose' to be homosexual.

No, he would be committing an act that is also committed by homosexuals. His motivation would be different, though.

Soldato
OP
egt said:
I was being serious. The thought of two blokes buggering about with each other disgusts me.

Damm i got it wrong again - the art of detecting sarcasm.

I think there have been certain claims that could change such things but from a science point of view, I doubt if one's sexual orientation can be changed.

I mean no amount of drugs will stop me finding Gilly attractive sexually :D

Last edited:
Associate
About bloomin time. Ive always found it ridiculous you can be prosecuted for persecuting somebody because of their religion but not because of their sexual orientation. For instance, if some random approaches you in the street and starts insinuating you are gay for a laugh has been totally legal. Its not even harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom