Alternative Office Software to MS

Soldato
I'm looking to try alternative software to the MS Office suite. What are the alternatives? I know there is some free software but I can't remember what it's called. I've also heard of Star Office, although you have to buy it it's still cheaper than MS Office (I believe).

Has anyone used any of these products instead of MS and if so, how do they compare?

Cheers

Associate
zom247 said:
I'm looking to try alternative software to the MS Office suite. What are the alternatives? I know there is some free software but I can't remember what it's called. I've also heard of Star Office, although you have to buy it it's still cheaper than MS Office (I believe).

Has anyone used any of these products instead of MS and if so, how do they compare?

Cheers

OpenOffice?

Associate
You are thinking of Open Office. I use both Open Office and Microsoft Office and they both have their oddities and quirks. Open Office is certainly more than adequate for most people's use.

Soldato
OP
MartinG said:
You are thinking of Open Office. I use both Open Office and Microsoft Office and they both have their oddities and quirks. Open Office is certainly more than adequate for most people's use.

Thanks, had a memory blank and couldn't remember it's name! I'll give it a try.

Permabanned
have a look at Google Docs & Spreadsheets
http://docs.google.com/

OpenOffice is OK,
but it's really slow to load in comparision to MS Office

I wanted to use it at work, but gave up when some things in their version of Excel didn't work the same as MS :-/

Back
Top Bottom