I'm out cutting firewood in THIS?!?!?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Very glad not to live there, its nearly 10c here right now outside :D Very mild winter for the win!

I have the option of wood fired heating, but also have the option of kerosene. Guess which lazy me uses most of the time :p

Associate
Chainsawing is hard work and anybody who says otherwise is either lying or never used one. Today despite the wind, rain and generally wrotten weather i've been in a T shirt and dragging around trees and chainsaws is heavy work.

One of the hardest jobs i've done was a woodland management job. We cut down some 200 trees form an over crowded woodland. Opening up some rides for public access. We got a lot of firewood from that job and we did that in the summer so it was boiling hot dragging all the stuff around.

Tomorrow i'm felling dead Elms with expected 23mph wind with probally 40mph gusts. its going to be fun!

Associate
Like snow but glad i live in england we dont suffer with -30
lucky if we get -5 for long
when i was in the army did my artic experince in norway now that was -25 and we had to swim in the river and things near enough strakeys and sleep in the snow

:p
but in england where lucky if to we snow for more than 6 weeks

Soldato
Mickey_D said:

I spent nearly every day one winter chopping firewood in the far flung ***** of Ontario, with wind chill it got down to -45 degrees at times. Unfortunately the only source of heat for the entire house was a wood burning furnace so it was either freeze outside of everyone freezes in. :(

Suspended
I wore so much clothing to go out today and it still wasn't enough.. Couldn't be outside today for anything more than 5-10 mins or it really got bad. It seems to be the windchill rather than the temperature. :( :(
Skyways are all very well but why don't they connect the buildings I do use. :(
Roll on spring ..:(

Soldato
crystaline said:
I wore so much clothing to go out today and it still wasn't enough.. Couldn't be outside today for anything more than 5-10 mins or it really got bad. It seems to be the windchill rather than the temperature. :( :(
Skyways are all very well but why don't they connect the buildings I do use. :(
Roll on spring ..:(

there's a market for you then - fur lined latex/rubber!! or perhaps just a cheeky fur trim :p

Soldato
OP
I thought it had gotten colder!!

windchill2.JPG

And that's in only 2.5 hours!! :eek:

Oh, and for those wondering, that's 22 below in metric!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom