• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need some help quick!

Associate
Can some one help me out here.

Here purchased a sapphire x800 gto 2 card from here around a year and a bit ago. I purchased an amd x2 4600 a few days ago and for some reason in the process of placing the new cpu the graphics card decided to die on me showing up correct artifacts on screen for some reason or other.

Now ive heard the rma process at Sapphire isn't great and it also cost £25 quid to get a replacement card! and it's also takes a while to get a replacement.

So in the meantime would it be worth getting another one of these cards second hand or could anyone recommend a better second hand graphics card which costs around 70 quid.

Oh i'm looking at an ebay item which runs out in less than two hours which i'm tempted to get.

Can anyone help please?

Stan.. :mad:

Associate
I don't know about comparisons or anything, but it seems great to me as ive just got myself one... Only problem described here is that it is having difficulty showing videos. But as I say it would be perfect for me if it didn't have this one (major?) issue.

Soldato
BFG are a good make.

The card may be a fair bit to only slightly faster than your GTO2 (depending on mods / overclocks done to that card).

Soldato
The X800GTO2 were known to mod & overclock to X850XT specs which is pretty much on par with the 7600GT (minus SM3).

The question is can you wait for your RMA or not though.

If your after an upgrade you should look at cards like the X1900GT, X1950pro, 7800GTX.

Associate
OP
Unfortunatly Ive just upgraded my cpu to an x2 4600 otherwise I would have gone for something abit more expensive. But the meantime I need something which will do the job.

Also another question is will sapphire take it to be rma'd when its been unlocked?

Stan..

Soldato
If the cards dead & you dont tell them you unlocked it, its likely they will never know. Try & see what happens. Besides the latter GTO2 cards came unlocked with 16 pipes allready (but maybe they know which serial numbers those were, in any case the above goes).

Also if the card cannot be fixed, they will likely give you a X1650XT as a repalcement... which would be a bit of an upgrade with SM3.

Associate
OP
Indeed I hadn't throught of that. In that case I think i'll get it rma'd and wait for the time being. As you say they no longer produce the gto2 so should get the next card up from there.

Lets hope so!

Stan..

Associate
Hope this helps with choosing your next PCI-E card. These are (argueably) the class leaders:-

PCI-E Cards:

7600 GS (£69) , 7600 GT (£100) , 7900 GS (£110) , x1950 Pro (£125) , x1950 XT (£170) , 8800 GTS (£290) , 8800 GTX (£375) .

Back
Top Bottom