Skoda Fabia VRs & Golf GT Tdi Owners...

Associate
Looking to change the scoob and fiesta ST for something a little more economic for me and the Mrs and have these in mind..

Skoda Fabia VRs & Golf GT Tdi 130 or 150

WHat do you get MPG wise on these cars...

If I did buy these I'd get them up to Clive Atthowes for a Revo remap I think too!

Associate
if it s any help my old golf gttdi was a 150 with a remap to a claimed 190bhp.
i used to average around 40mpgbut i didnt used to take it steady, loved playing around with all that torque. :D

Associate
The vrs has a cracking mpg...60mpg.....combined approx mid 50mpg.....when you boot it still in the forties (I'm only guessing cannot remember exaxtly) and as the vrs gets older the mpg gets better.

The golf is way lower 40mpg driving like a granny.

Soldato
*Moangroan* said:
The vrs has a cracking mpg...60mpg.....combined approx mid 50mpg.....when you boot it still in the forties (I'm only guessing cannot remember exaxtly) and as the vrs gets older the mpg gets better.

The golf is way lower 40mpg driving like a granny.

That's strange I get 48mpg regularly in my GT TDi Golf, had 58 last night on the trip home, but generally around 48.

Soldato
What about a Seat Leon FR 150 TDi, (or the older cupra TDi) cheaper than the equivalant golf and imo much nicer, basically an audi interior with the golf's engine. Had mine for 8 months an love it, not a single problem and really pulls, fantastic engine. Just wouldnt go for the golf, they all look the same and you will pay much more for an higher mileage carcompared to the leon.

I had mine remapped by REVO but it clutch slipped like a tart so i got it took off.

Soldato
Fabia VRS. Easily get into the high 50's on my 20 mile trip to work. Thats about 14 miles of motorway.

Great engine ;) Top car too.

Soldato
schnipps said:
What about a Seat Leon FR 150 TDi, (or the older cupra TDi) cheaper than the equivalant golf and imo much nicer, basically an audi interior with the golf's engine. Had mine for 8 months an love it, not a single problem and really pulls, fantastic engine. Just wouldnt go for the golf, they all look the same and you will pay much more for an higher mileage carcompared to the leon.

I had mine remapped by REVO but it clutch slipped like a tart so i got it took off.

What did you get it remaped to?

Soldato
triggerthat said:
What did you get it remaped to?

Revo'd to 190bhp and 290 torque mate and the clutch slipped, it want herrific but it was a pain, i mean you could drive around it but after spending nearly 500 quid i didnt want to drive around it. Booting it in 3rd or 4th and you could see the rev counter jump then settle, it was just nasty, not what you want when you have just bought a car.

I got the map turned off and took it back to seat to check the clutch and they couldnt find a problem.

I got it took off, had to write a letter to revo to get my money back and quote the sales of goods act.

Soldato
My old mans TDi at 150bhp is averaging 60mpg for its use since new. He can get it up to 70 eco driving and down to 40 having more fun, within the limits of law of course.

Soldato
Perhaps the one I followed on my bike had more than just a remap then.
I went for it off the lights (albeit not full tilt) and he was keeping infront of me...I'd say he hit 60 from standing in around 6 seconds.

Watching a skoda do that is something special :p

Back
Top Bottom