Lian li V1000Plus

Associate
OP
Just measured the panel thickness, 2mm :D .
Now I just have to wait until monday when I order my second graphics card for Xfire and a X-fi soundcard.
Since this case has the sidecase fan right above what will be the graphics card, I suspect I don't need to change the fans on the GPU itself as the temp will most likely drop, right?
Just been thinking about how to best cool down my graphics card without losing too much space in the case.

Soldato
Mr Mister said:
LOL! where did you hear that? I very much doubt they would offer them if they made a loss.

Former UK Lian Li agent. Apparently they make good money on PC7's, G70's etc., which are made of 1mm alloy, but the V series are a loss leader. Look at the G70. What has it got that the V2000 Plus II hasn't? 1mm less aluminium all over it and no side retaining mechanism. The two cases are otherwise very similar in layout and functionality. So they are either making unbelievable amounts of money off the G70 and a profit on the V series or they are losing money on the V series and doing reasonably well on everything else. You've really only got to look at them and compare the prices across the range to realise that there's no money in V-series cases.

Associate
WJA96

Just out of interest: why are you so keen on the black as opposed to silver? Is is just subjective view, or something else (like being different to Yewen ;) ). I always thought seeing the aluminium behind the black holey chassis slightly offputting.

BTW - congrats on the contract - I know how it feels.

Soldato
Kirth Gersen said:
Just out of interest: why are you so keen on the black as opposed to silver? Is is just subjective view, or something else (like being different to Yewen ;) ). I always thought seeing the aluminium behind the black holey chassis slightly offputting.

Well, I have black and silver cases - and so does Yewen. The single strongest reason for not getting a black one is that they scratch easily, followed by they don't show the dust so much. But the black is just so... so... Darth Vader?

Kirth Gersen said:
BTW - congrats on the contract - I know how it feels.

Thanks. Lets hope Mrs WJA96 doesn't see this thread ;)

Soldato
Black is the way to go in my opinion. I know it's all down to personal taste, but I've always felt black just has that bit more street cred. I'd be proud walking down the street with a black Lian Li (and I do this all the time ;)), but not so much with a silver one. Something about black which is just cool. It's Darth Vader vs Silver Surfer! Darth Vader is just more badass! :p

Soldato
When you compare a V series to a comparable Lian Li of past or present it screams of high production costs.

I can't imagine they are making a loss on the case, I can however imagine that they do not make enough on it to warrant production.

They are in it for business, they will be making a tiny profit on it to slowly cover the development costs of the V series. All I can think of is that it is a 'research and development' line that they put into production to generate brand awareness for stunning cases, going by that logic they have succeeded.

Soldato
Yewen said:
When you compare a V series to a comparable Lian Li of past or present it screams of high production costs.

I can't imagine they are making a loss on the case, I can however imagine that they do not make enough on it to warrant production.

They are in it for business, they will be making a tiny profit on it to slowly cover the development costs of the V series. All I can think of is that it is a 'research and development' line that they put into production to generate brand awareness for stunning cases, going by that logic they have succeeded.

Well, I'm in business and I have 3 types of customers - ones I don't make money on but generate cash flow and good will, ones that I've had for all the time I've been in business and generate a very small profit and the jobs I didn't want, quoted a **** *** price to, but I got the business anyway and on those I make a load of money.

Lian Li equivalent would be V-Seies, PC-7 and PC-343 ;)

Associate
OP
Haha, but at least it makes ** PC look good, just don't take the panels off in front of your friends, best to keep the illusion intact :p .
Tomorrow i'll finally start transferring to my V1000, just waiting for my new graphics card (Xfire, yay!), an X-fi, some Scythe S-flex'es and a fan controller.
I know its overkill, but I have the money and i'm planning on keeping this case for a very long time, it's just sooo pretty! :D

Associate
Indeed!

My philosophy with PCs had always been bang for buck. A shoddy case, or a dumpster diver second hand server case, paired with a n enermax power supply and then some solid but unexciting components, with a smattering of top end cast offs from the members market, or whatever could be soft modded, volt hacked, massaged into top performance.

However I have grown tired of the makeshift, the constant fan drone and the fact that the tangled wires twisting out the back were the bizarre highpoint of my case's aesthetics :)

Just waiting to see what ET:Quake Wars requires before escaping the shackles of Socket A.

Back
Top Bottom