Kevin Pietersen injury

Soldato
thats really bad news for england. KP was the main man as far as England's hopes are concerned. I would imagine that Ed Joyce will be called into the squad.

Caporegime
Not a good injury for England tbh as hes definitely their brightest spark so far...well imho i think hes been Englands best player since the Ashes started. I wonder if he will be fully fit in time for the WC??, as its not that far off tbh...he may be out for 3-5 weeks but whether he will be fully fit is another question.

Was a good knock by him till he tried to get on top of McGrath and really thats a silly thing to do with McGrath...especially with his line and length...

Man of Honour
I've always maintained that he's been the best player for the English team for at least the past year or two.

He consistently churns out decent scores and his averages reflect it, though saying that averages can get skewed by very big innings and not a good run of form.

Associate
greenlizard0 said:
I've always maintained that he's been the best player for the English team for at least the past year or two.

He consistently churns out decent scores and his averages reflect it, though saying that averages can get skewed by very big innings and not a good run of form.

Agreed. The thing that makes Peitersen so devastating is that he is able to consistently perform well against the best side in the world. He has been the biggest thorn against the Aussies, and one thing I admire is that he isn't afraid to take it right back to them. It doesn't matter what kind of reputation the bowler might have (eg. Warne and McGrath), he will still go after them. This inevitably leads to his downfall, but it is what makes him such an exciting player to watch.

-Chimpdaddy-

Back
Top Bottom