2nd shots with D80

Associate
After my first attempt tried the sunset the other night

dsc000100011fm1.jpg

Hopefully better than my sleeping cat shots :)

C&C please

Associate
I dont like the composition, I would have sat the camera lower to see more of the tree, the harsh wall/fence ruins it for me. Good colours though!

Associate
OP
Adam W said:
I dont like the composition, I would have sat the camera lower to see more of the tree, the harsh wall/fence ruins it for me. Good colours though!

Wasn't perfect. Had to shoot from bedroom window on mini tripod or would have lost it.

The harsh wall/fence is actually a bungalow roof :)

I was pleased with the colours

Associate
denz1968 said:
The harsh wall/fence is actually a bungalow roof :)

When I first opened this thread I though the image hadn't finished loading!

The colour gradient of the sky does look good but that roof is so off putting you are just left with the though "Where is the rest of the picture?".

Sorry to be harsh but I don't post "Great picture!" unless it is.

Associate
OP
^^Gord^^ said:
When I first opened this thread I though the image hadn't finished loading!

The colour gradient of the sky does look good but that roof is so off putting you are just left with the though "Where is the rest of the picture?".

Sorry to be harsh but I don't post "Great picture!" unless it is.

Agree with you, but i was criticised for composition, so i really tried for the thirds rules here, and thats why the roof is there

Associate
OP
Pho said:
Hope you don't mind, I'm no expert but I extended the sky slightly in Photoshop (and removed the Bungalow).

Don't mind at all, but would appreciate a quick overview of how you did that, as i have not even touched photoshop yet!!

Thanks mate

Pho

Pho

Soldato
My method of doing it isn't the best way, but it worked and was quick.

Basically I moved the image down (to remove some of the black, leaving a gap at the top of the picture), copied part of the sky from the top of the image and rotated it 180' and moved it into the blank space at the top to fill it.

Next I used the spot healing brush tool to paint over where the new sky part was, to merge it in with the gradient of the old sky.

Removing the barn can be done in a similar way.

If you leave me your email I'll send you a quick (it takes about 30 seconds) video of how to do it.

Associate
Not too bad but I feel that with most people the composition is slightly off to what it should be. Also I really think that you need to try and enhance the colour of the sky in photoshop as it really doesn't look red enough at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom