RMA My Seagate

Permabanned
Hi

Around May I bought a 320GB Seagate SATA-II, and recently it's dying.. you'll hear clicks and itll freeze or crash.. you get loads of errors like 'disk read error' 'please insert system disk' whilst trying to boot.

anyway i contaced their rma service and they sent me a email with rma number and stuff

so if i send it, how long does it take to be replaced?

thanks

Soldato
i sent one back last year and it only took a week - really quick.

i have to send another one back now :( - i can't remember how to RMA - is it simply a case of using their website?

Permabanned
OP
aardvark said:
i sent one back last year and it only took a week - really quick.

i have to send another one back now :( - i can't remember how to RMA - is it simply a case of using their website?

sounds good :)

what you have to do is go seagate website (which isnt working for me right now) in warrenty support near bottom theres something about verify ** warrenty, something like that you click it and put in your model/serial and it'll show you its in warrenty, if it is

then look for "create rma" icon... and do the rest! :D

Associate
I RMA'd one about a year ago and got sent back an empty box !! Are much emailage (is that a word ?) and phone calls it turned out that there had been a spate of thefts in the factory and about a month after I sent it to them I got my new (refurbished) drive back....... nightmare ! :mad:

Soldato
yaboy said:
sounds good :)

what you have to do is go seagate website (which isnt working for me right now) in warrenty support near bottom theres something about verify ** warrenty, something like that you click it and put in your model/serial and it'll show you its in warrenty, if it is

then look for "create rma" icon... and do the rest! :D

cheers - thats easier than last time - i think i had to phone them up last time - was a real hassle talking to the indian call centre until they put me through to a german bloke - 10 seconds later, sorted :p

Associate
My seagate just died too!!! :( only had it 6 months and its the one with pink glue underneath, im annoyed to say the least! taken me 5 hours to get it back semi the way i like it with a old hard drive, oh well vista here we come when they send me a new one!

Back
Top Bottom