Pez

Soldato
Gibson SG Re-issue in white
|
Marshall JCM900
|
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cabinet

:D

I have the 4x12, the JCM is on the way... now for the gibson ;)

Permabanned
Gibson Les Paul Custom in Alpine White

A JCM800 stack

Radio transmitter kit

A Taylor acoustic of some sort, with a nice Trace Elliot amp to go with it

Of course if money was no object I'd even deviate from Gibson and try some of the downmarket makes like Fender and dare I say it... Ibanez :eek:

Soldato
I have pretty much everything i want guitar wise. All thats left is a Strat (comming next year, probably a custoim shop relic), and a Digitech whammy pedal.

Guitar:

Paul Reed Smith private stock, made to my specs.

I already own a PRS, and it's without question the best guitar i've ever played. I've played most Gibsons and Fenders (including a '61 Strat), a couple of Jacksons, and a few Ibanez's, and my PRS is just better.

Seeing as i hate Gibson Les Pauls, i'd have to get a PRS singlecut to fill in the 'Les Paul' slot.

I also fancy a Blackmachine B2 ( http://www.blackmachine.co.uk/B2Frame.htm )

No Gibsons until they give a 25" scale option.

The acoustic would have to be a Martin Dreadnought.

Effects:

I'd be inclined to try out the POD pro, the Rodger Linn Adrenalinn ( http://www.rlinndesign.com/products/adrenalinn.shtml ) and a Digitech Whammy I.

Amps

Peavy 5150. Without question, the best amp distortion i've ever heard in my life.

Soldato
Pedals: If money was no object then pedalwise I'd spend a good few months buying boutique and classic but mostly useless and bizarre effects. Guitar synths, ring modulators, anti-spacewave doppler guitar-magnet box, voice boxes... you know all the ones you see in the windows of second-hand music shops. Enough to have the ability to know truly which ones make the best sound. Think of the ethic of Ace from Skunk Anansie if you ever saw them perform. Noise is good.
Then I'd go and have a chat with Pete Cornish and design a pedalboard for them all. Yep, all that clean circuitry dirtied by some nasty sweat-factory made pedal.

Amps: A Fender Twin and Vox AC30 in combination. The clean 'thud' these provide hits you right in the chest. Both will go to 11. A mesa Boogie V-Twin as a preamp stompbox. Alternatively a Fender Tonemaster cab and head would do nicely.

Guitars: I'd quite like a Fender Starcaster - only because I've only ever seen one used and it struck me as quite a strange but great looking hybrid guitar. Probably a nicely battered Jazzmaster and a Telecaster. And a Les Paul, just because I like the satisfying weight they give.

Soldato
Ooh, let me see...

Two Wal 5-string basses: One fully MIDI'ed up, the other a half-fretted-half-fretless. Both purple, naturally. I already have my dream money-no-object everyday bass. Although it would probably need refinishing in purple... :)

An Ampeg head, and of course the classic Ampeg 8x12 cab. Both purple, naturally. :D

And as for effects, I'd be doing what Augmented would be doing. Plus I'd need a sampler for the MIDI bass [probably a Roland - if they still make 'em - or an E-Mu. Unless there are new kids on the sampler block. I'm horribly out of touch with music technology at the moment :(]

Soldato
hmm, Jackson Soloist for the metal head in me...Marshall amp, not really sure which would be best and a 4x12 cabinet to go with it, not sure on effects either, been a long time since i was 'up' on what hot and not, Zoom were the best brand when i played a lot. I never really saw the problem with the cheap brands such as Ibanez, £500 for an RG series guitar aint cheap!!!:eek:

Soldato
Guitar

Gibson Les Paul Standard in red or black with Semour-Duncan humbuckers

or

Baby Blue Fender Stratocaster with an oversized head. Two Semour-duncan Humbuckers. Lose the bridge pick-up.

Amp

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head Running through a Marshall 1960A cab.

or

Marshall JCM 800 head with two channels running through a 1960A cab.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Originally posted by Tweek_1984
Guitar

Gibson Les Paul Standard in red or black with Semour-Duncan humbuckers

or

Baby Blue Fender Stratocaster with an oversized head. Two Semour-duncan Humbuckers. Lose the bridge pick-up.

Amp

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head Running through a Marshall 1960A cab.

or

Marshall JCM 800 head with two channels running through a 1960A cab.

Sounds just like what I want :)

The dual Recti sounds a bit mushy to me though, the Triple Recti sounds nice and Crisp though :D \m/

Associate
prs dragon 3. well there are only 50 ish of them in the world but hay.

mesa boogie triple rectifyer......................

Soldato
Anyone know whether the Mesa Boogie Tremoverb has been discontinued? It doesn't appear to be listed on their site anymore. IIRC it used to be the top-of-the-range model - essentially a mutated dual rectifier with tremolo built in. I used to dream about one of those with a custom suede covering.

Associate
If money is no object, it would be insane to get only 1 or 2 retail guitars. Instead, i'm gonna collect signature models.

- Hammet & Hetfields various ESP models
- Zakk Wylde's Bullseye LP (i hate LPs, but the Bullseye is too damn cool!)
- Vai's JEM
- Satch's Chromeboy
- Mustain's Jackson King V

Amps
- Mesa Triple-Rec

Effects
- every single Boss stompboxes
- anything else i fancy

actually is pretty useless for me to come up with a list. i money is ABSOLUTELY no object, i'll buy anything i see fit :D

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Originally posted by Augmented
Anyone know whether the Mesa Boogie Tremoverb has been discontinued? It doesn't appear to be listed on their site anymore. IIRC it used to be the top-of-the-range model - essentially a mutated dual rectifier with tremolo built in. I used to dream about one of those with a custom suede covering.

The head, or the combo?

JK1

JK1

Associate
PRS Eagle (the one with the carved eagle head on it)
Music Man John Petrucci 7 string. Played on it, very nice.
Tom Anderson model for its countless pickup selections.
A built to spec Ibanez.

Amp: A big powerful Marshall

For effects: A BOSS GT6. I have a GT3 which is sweet as pie.

Associate
OP
you guys dont want to much do you :eek:
ok my choice would be :

Ibanez UV777P
> American Basswood body
> UV neck
> Jumbo frets
> Lo-Pro Edge 7 bridge
> DiMarzio Blaze II (H) neck pu
> DiMarzio Blaze II (S) mid. pu
> DiMarzio Blaze II (H) bridge pu
> Chrome hardware

Ibanez Jem7V

> Alder body
> JEM neck
> JumboWarmoth #6105 frets
> Lo-Pro Edge bridge
> DiMarzio Evolution (H) neck pu
> DiMarzio Evolution (S) mid. pu
> DiMarzio Evolution (H) bridge pu
> Gold hardware

Marshall Amp of some sort not sure which yet :D
and still cant decide what effects rack I would have

think that is about it really
:)

Soldato
Hmmm I love threads like this.....

Guitars -

>Ibanez Universe or one of the new through neck seven strings.
>Gibson SG.
>Strat of some sort.

Amps -
>Bogner or Soldano Head with a nice cab.
>5150, Devin Townsend gets some amazing tones out of these.

Effects -

>Whammy
>POD PRO - Got a POD ver2 and they rule.
>Some sort of Delay unit, rack or pedals.

And the rest.......:p

Back
Top Bottom