Read any good books lately?

Associate
I've got a few on the go at the moment. Haven't settled on which one to read first.

Dean Koontz - The Husband
Dean Koontz - Velocity
Dean Koontz - Forever Odd
Robert Finn - Adept

(I think I might have a "thing" for Dean Koontz)

Soldato
davestar_delux said:
I've just bought one called World War Z which is a realistic, factual account of a zombie epidemic and the ensuing war between the nations that are zombie free against the zombies. Not read it yet though, just bought it on recommendation.

Just got this from the Library yesterday. Not been able to put it down at all. About 3/4 the way through and it really is a good read. Well thought out and put together.

TRU said:
The Men Who Stare At Goats - Jon Ronson

Another good book I read on Holiday. Considerably better than the TV Series shown on Ch.4 around 12-18 Months ago

Soldato
Im thinking of getting into reading maybe start off easy cause i aint read a proper book with big words in for ages, well since school and that was only goosebumps. I know reading is a bit posh and snotty but i think i deserve the right the read a book could anyone recommend me one this is the sort of stuff i think i would like to read:
scfi- something like metal gear solid
japanese book with samurais and mytholigical creatures
army story with a lot of action

Basically its got to be a fun read not a chore so if it can be something with a lot of fighting in it. Also if possible could the book have pictures in it, like the books reward you with pics in the middle of the book so its like rewarding you for reading halfway.

Cheers in advance :)

Soldato
The rebel - Albert Camus
Bravo Two Zero - Andy McNab (Chilling).

Bakes - Since you seem to like war etc(judging by your x-fire profile), I'd recommend Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab. It even has pictures in the middle! :o (Of the weapons, the people(black bars across their faces as they're SAS) and maps etc. It's a very gripping book as well, with the grammar and language being fairly simple it should be a good starting point. Very exciting, shocking, real story of his company in the Gulf War. It's non-fiction and what actually happeneed to him and his friends. There is a LOT of action.

Last edited:
Soldato
Recently read the following

Citizen of The Galaxy - Robert Heinlein (re-read but still has asimple pleasure)
The Forever War & Forever Free - Joe Haldeman (preferred Forever War)
Pushing Ice - Alistair Reynolds

Soldato
georges said:
The rebel - Albert Camus

Bakes - Since you seem to like war etc(judging by your x-fire profile), I'd recommend Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab. It even has pictures in the middle! :o (Of the weapons, the people(black bars across their faces as they're SAS) and maps etc. It's a very gripping book as well, with the grammar and language being fairly simple it should be a good starting point. Very exciting, shocking, real story of his company in the Gulf War. It's non-fiction and what actually happeneed to him and his friends. There is a LOT of action.

cheers mate sounds good but i believe if i look up on my shelf i already own it :)

What about the Emperoer books :confused: any good.

Man of Honour
georges said:
The rebel - Albert Camus

Once you're done with that, read "The Real Bravo Two Zero: The Truth Behind Bravo Two Zero" by Michael Asher. It's quite interesting :)

Consigliere
Aldous Huxley : Brave New World

The world it describes could also be a utopia, albeit an ironic one: humanity is carefree, healthy and technologically advanced. Warfare and poverty have been eliminated and everyone is permanently happy. The irony is that all of these things have been achieved by eliminating many things people currently derive happiness from — family, cultural diversity, art, literature, science, religion and philosophy. It is also a hedonistic society, deriving pleasure from promiscuous sex and drug use, especially the use of soma, a powerful stimulant taken to escape pain and bad memories through hallucinatory fantasies.

:)

Back
Top Bottom