Car Insurance renewal help

Associate
Just got my car insurance renewal through for my ford fiesta zetec-s 1.6 16v.

renewal from elephant is £370. this is for fully comp with all legal expenses, courtesy car, windscreen cover and so on (the full works)

i have got this down to £330 so far by looking on confused ( insurer is norwich union who i was with until this last year when i went to elephant)

anybody any ideas of good insurers to try. the car is completely standard. im 24 with 3 years ncb as well.

please help :)

Associate
Try getting a quote again from elephant as you get a 10% discount if you buy online, but they will match it when you ring them up (assuming it's a lower quote!)

Soldato
Ask Elephant if they'll match it.

When I phoned up to cancel, they knocked £500 off my quote to try and get me to stay.

I like the Admiral group anyway. Since NU transported their call centre to India, it's a great relief talking to someone from Wales. They're actually VERY helpful, patient and polite (I have a speech difficulty).

Associate
OP
well i rang up elephant, told them i had cheaper insurance quoted elsewhere, and they did me a deal for £319. well chuffed.

what i dont understand is if they can offer me this now, why dont they just offer it on the renewal, then we wouldnt have to go through the hassle of calling them up.

incidentally while i was on the phone i decided to get a quote for the car im looking to buy early next year. a bmw 330ci sport. they can do this for me for £642 which sounds pretty good to me. they quoted for a 330d which was £820 :confused:

i thought diesels would me cheaper to insure than petrol cars????

Soldato
I'm renewing at the moment - best for me have been Privilege or RAC.

Admiral group will normally knock about 10% off a renewal premium without quibble when you phone them up.

Associate
last year i payed £870 with norwich union
there renwal quote is £960
but yet when i did a quote online with them they offered me £806...

why such the big difference... nothing had been changed either... it was all the same services available

Man of Honour
Becasue they try it on. 5% probably wont question a renewal quote. So they get extra money for nothing and those that shop around will usually phone up there current insure to get a price match. So they don't lose anything either.

Soldato
antc said:
what i dont understand is if they can offer me this now, why dont they just offer it on the renewal, then we wouldnt have to go through the hassle of calling them up.

Because 90% of people will just pay the renewal price it or maybe ring 1 other place., its a business they want more money so yeah course they are goign to offer a higher renewal. Its like anything, i bought at tv once and got 400 quid knocked off instore, you could ask the same question. They will do it if they HAVE to but only if they HAVE to.

Associate
AcidHell2 said:
Becasue they try it on. 5% probably wont question a renewal quote. So they get extra money for nothing and those that shop around will usually phone up there current insure to get a price match. So they don't lose anything either.

think is when i rang them up they said they couldnt change their renewal quote... so i had 2 cancel it!!!

Back
Top Bottom