Broadband wihtout phone line?

Permabanned
Is it possible to have a ADSL/Cable connection without having either a BT line or other phone package?

ie: ADSL but not paying for the phone bit, or cable without paying an extra £10+/month for a home phone as i really dont need one, got a mobile, tis all i need!

Associate
I think you can have a cable package which is broadband only. Not sure on that tho. Def not with ADSL, you need to pay the rental.

Associate
because using current technology, broadband is delivered through BT's phone lines. The line rental is simply that, you are paying BT to use their wires so technically, you would be using it...just not for a phone.

I suppose it might be possible to get a satellite connection or a T1 line put in if you really dont want a phone line that badly. Both of which are inherently expensive.

Caporegime
DanMc07 said:
You can have cable without a phone line.

I've got NTL cable without a phone line, costs me £18 a month for 2MB and thats it. I use my tesco internet phone for making and recieving calls, no line rental, just 2p a minute anytime to anywhere in the world (except mobiles).

Soldato
NTL used to require that you have at least one other service, normally a phone line to have their BB, not been like that for a while now though.

Back
Top Bottom