Cheap trackday car

Nor

Nor

Associate
agw_01 said:
You can get a Coupe for that money, and there's a 420 Turbo on RT at the moment for a grand (it's absolutely mint... I'm gutted I haven't got a grand) but you could also do a conversion yourself.

A friend just bought a mint 220 with a knackered engine for £50 (I think that's what it was). He got a tubby engine from a knackered 620Ti and dropped it into the 220.

Therefore... converted 220 = cheap cheap cheap. They handle pretty well with sorted suspension and strut braces too.

What's RT mate? I'm a big fan of the 420 Turbos. Quite fancy a nice one.

Associate
mini thats what you need

emailJameschakley2.jpg

Soldato
Prelude 2.2 VTEC, ~190bhp!

Don't get the 2.0i, they're too underpowered IMO - 130bhp!

As a track-day car, there's a LOT you can strip out of them, but they'll still remain comfortable and pretty well civilised for the drive to and from the track!

Associate
id look at capri's old m3's mk 1 mr2's suzuki swift gti
citroen ax gt pap but tunable and cheap
g40 polo
the most fun ive had on a trak day was in an xjs v12 a mate brought for 500 quid..... its really up to you, if our going to do a few track days in it then obviously spend a little more than a grand as anything relyable and semi exotic will be worth the extra

yes you can buy a 200zx turbo for a grand but i dont care what people say it will be a pup and theres nothing worse than breaking down a few laps into a track dya youve spent a few hundred quid on

the other option is to look at minor accident damaged cars and see if there worth repairing for the track, as it wont cost as much to prep them for closed circut work as it would for the road

Associate
jimblowscash said:
yes you can buy a 200zx turbo for a grand but i dont care what people say it will be a pup and theres nothing worse than breaking down a few laps into a track dya youve spent a few hundred quid on

You wouldnt buy one for a K. You'd buy a £500 - £750 one and raid the owners club for ridiculously cheap spares to sort any issues. Or you would have done. Doesnt seem to be as many for sale these days. Wonder if the MR2 is in a similar position.

Back
Top Bottom