Anyone else stuck at work because of the weather??

Associate
I'm still sat at my desk. as is most of the office. Pretty much all the roads/trains out of here have been closed.

Got about 10 miles to go to get back in Brum City Centre from the business park near the airport.

Gutted!!!!

:mad:

Associate
If you stay in the office you can stay on OcUK longer because you won't have to get up so early for work. That's good news, isn't it? :p

Good luck getting home. I heard that it is the same for a lot of people in London especially.

Angus Higgins

Soldato
I went home at 3.30pm because the power went off at 11am and didn't come back on :D

That was in Wem,

Its fine at home here in Whixall, allthough there are some big floods about down are lanes.

Soldato
I just got in, college was closed mid afternoon due to windows blowing in, caught the hour earlier train, was only a little bit delayed, but we had to stop for a bit longer at worksop while they removed a roof off the line, and had to stop at gainsborough because there was scaffolding falling on the line at lincoln (they couldn't go to the stop between them, because they can't turn round there apparantly)

Got a lift with someone else who had called his brother out in the car back to lincoln and got my usual lift from my father from the station (luckily Lincoln was less snarled up by then, as many trees had been cut up off the roads!)

Man of Honour
Wasn't stuck but was stuck for things to do this morning as we lost power from 8-10.30am ish. Quite hard to fix systems with no power :eek: still managed to build some new ones in the semi-dark though :)

Soldato
I just came home from french at uni and there were loads of police around, they have closed off the river walk into town and taped off loads of buildings.... what made me laugh though is they taped off the path I would normaly walk but anyone could walk up the other side of the building :rolleyes:

Soldato
The staff at Lincoln station were expecting business as normal tommorow, I expect someone must be making the scaffolding thats falling/or in danger of falling on the track safe overnight then, not ever so certain i'll be able to get my 7:04 train in the morning though myself...

Soldato
Adam_151 said:
The staff at Lincoln station were expecting business as normal tommorow, I expect someone must be making the scaffolding thats falling/or in danger of falling on the track safe overnight then, not ever so certain i'll be able to get my 7:04 train in the morning though myself...
Is they why they taped off my uni? (lincoln)

Back
Top Bottom