Poll: Shall we delete the Big Brother thread?

Shall we delete the Big Brother thread?

• Yes

Votes: 744 72.8%
  • No

Votes: 278 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
JohnnyG said:
At the moment people are voting on whether they want rid of a BB thread, that's all & they're allowed to hate it.
Who said they weren't?
JohnnyG said:
No-one has challenged your right to free speech, they just want rid of some tat as a protest, accept it:)
Proposing to delete threads for disliking them is challenging free speech.
JohnnyG said:
they just want rid of some tat as a protest
That's just ridiculous.

Man of Honour
wedgie22 said:
Who said they weren't?
If you agree they're allowed to hate it why are they idiots?
wedgie22 said:
Proposing to delete threads for disliking them is challenging free speech.
Again you're missing my point, it's about BB, not free speech, people like free speech, people don't like BB.
wedgie22 said:
That's just ridiculous.
Are you denying them free speech?

Caporegime
Very sad when a forum becomes a place where large, legitimate threads that people enjoy posting in are deleted simply because the admin "doesn't like it".

Many of the threads/comments on this forum regarding muslims/immigrants border on racism, and sometimes turn into overt racism... but those are fine, right?

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
If you agree they're allowed to hate it why are they idiots?
The thread doesn't ask if you hate it or not. ;)
JohnnyG said:
Again you're missing my point, it's about BB, not free speech, people like free speech, people don't like BB.
I'd love to not have to explain everything to you. :o

Once again, forget the fact that the thread is about big brother, it could be about anything. It could be Man U fans wanting a Liverpool thread deleted, Arsenal fans wanting a Spurs thread deleted etc etc.

The question is should people be restricted to what they can talk about because not everyone agrees with it? Any sane person would say no, by answering yes to the poll you are effectively saying you think people should be restricted just because there are some that don't like it. Why can't you see this?
JohnnyG said:
Are you denying them free speech?
I truly do not even know what you are talking about here.

The ridiculous comment was in response to your claim that people want it banned in protest, as if it's some worthy cause.

Soldato
Richdog said:
Many of the threads/comments on this forum regarding muslims/immigrants border on racism, and sometimes turn into overt racism... but those are fine, right?

Of all the people who accuse of racism at every opportunity, why do so many actually know what racism is?

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Of all the people who accuse of racism at every opportunity, why do so many actually know what racism is?

That totally doesn't make sense. :confused:

Oh wait. Um it's either they are racist or they have experienced racism or they aren't racist or they haven't experienced racism or they think they've experienced racism but they haven't but they think they have because the media says they have or because everyone is inherently racist or because of whatever CBS is about to profoundly state. :p

Last edited:
Godfather
Godfather
OP
cleanbluesky said:
I'm curious as to what Spie thinks of Shilpa vs Jade
I couldn't give a stuff. Big Brother is a total and complete waste of life and I have absolutely no intention of watching 1 second of it.

However, this thread isn't about my feelings, it's about the OcUK members.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Spie said:
However, this thread isn't about my feelings, it's about the OcUK members.

I disagree.
Without your feelings this thread would not have been posted or a poll option given for members to shut other members thread.
I also find it hard to understand coming from you as i really didn't think it mattered enouth to warrant such attention.
As far as the pole goes it is clear to me that people are voting anti BB rather than voting on whether to close an active thread for no other reason than they don't like it.
Personally i am a live and let live kind of guy and wouldn't vote Yes on other peoples threads just because i didn't like it, i would just stay out of the thread.

Perhaps i am missing something here, if so then please fill me in.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Malc, it's 354 posts and 3,500 views inside 24 hours. Clearly feelings are running high.

As you said ealier if it was just about my feelings it would be gone now. Clearly, considering the volume of responses, it's about the members feelings and right now it ain't looking good for the keepers.

Associate
I remember the last big brother thread and comments made by Spie, obviously there is some emotion behind this thread. I don't post in the current big brother thread. I am not forced to read it, nor is anyone else.

Don
I detest big brother and all it stands for, however from a forum point of view I would keep the thread just to keep all the drivel in one place

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Spie said:
Malc, it's 354 posts and 3,500 views inside 24 hours. Clearly feelings are running high.

As you said ealier if it was just about my feelings it would be gone now. Clearly, considering the volume of responses, it's about the members feelings and right now it ain't looking good for the keepers.

Fair point which i except.
I will of course stand alongside any decision that is made from the top, but that won't stop me moaning about it. ;)
Rotty taking me out back and filling me in will though :D

O yer and it is Wrong to beat on Old sick people you do know that right.

Back
Top Bottom