Job seekers allowance

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
16 weeks is a number I've heard.

Walking out is not a bright move, surely you could have arranged a temp job or something which is easily done.

edit:

you are automatically classed as voluntarily unemployed. Unless you can disprove it, you face a sanction of up to 26 weeks without any benefit at all

Benefits are meant to be for people in need, not for people who chose not to work which is what you've effectively done.

Soldato
Skyfire said:
Just walked out of my job out of disgust at workload doubling, didn't work my notice, when can I start claiming JSA? :(

You need to inform the JCP that you believe that their actions amounted to constructive dismissal. I have had to do this in the past and it was all ok. You need to stick to your guns.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
It doesn't though does it? He should have followed his company's grievance procedures if he was unhappy.

Probably not in the eyes of a tribunal but they only write a letter to the company to confirm the details you are giving (sometimes they don't even bother). They don't question or interview anyone you just claim the you believed the situation to be unreslovable.

The JCP are not very effecient. I mean 5 million chavs are not sitting on their butts for no reason.

Permabanned
Five million people don't claim JSA - more like one million :)

(before someone says the unemployment figure is higher; not all of those are claiming benefits.)

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Five million people don't claim JSA - more like one million :)

(before someone says the dole figure is higher; not all of those are claiming benefits.)

About 5 million are out of work through JSA and sick. Remember the government hides large numbers of JSA claimants by putting them on training courses etc. The moment you are signed up for training you are removed from the dole list. The figure is probably closer to 1.5-2 million. The other 3 are signed onto incapacity.

I used to work as a contractor for the JCP so I know a lot of the tricks of the trade.

Back
Top Bottom