Ricky Hatton Fight

Permabanned
I think hatton is a fraud. Of course he must be quite good to have 41 fights undefeated. But I bet he wouldn't be undefeated if he didn't fight bums all the while.

Put him in against cotto, judah, castillo and he will soon have a big L in his record. Unless he hugs them all night.

Soldato
I think that's a little harsh.

He has only just got to he point where those kind of fights are even possible. Brittish fighters have to put a lot of work in before they get a fight at the top level.

I don't think it's a bad reflection on Hatton to say he would have a loss to his record if he had fought more true world class oponents. World class fighters such as De la Hoya, Barrera and Morales have defeats on their record because they do fight so many superfights, so it is likely Hatton would be the same.

In his favour he has already beat a legend in Kostya Tszyu, I would be fairly confident of him beating Castillo as well if the fight happened.

Associate
They will fight - they both want it and its now the "super" fight in that division.

To say that Hatton is a fraud I think just shows the attitude of the british public that dont know much about sport - The bloke has the best record out of any UK boxer alongside Calzaghe, and is ranked in the 10 ten pound for pound boxer in the world - which is written by Ringside Magazine.

Why is it the Bristish have to put down our top sports people?

Hatton has had some cracking fights, and although this weekend the fight wasnt the scrap we are all used to with Hatton, he still got the win and the belt.

Take a look at Calzaghe - Only recently have people started taking notice of this bloke but he has been champion for such a long time. Dont personally like the bloke but you have to say he has done well.

Come on the Hitman!

Soldato
wedgie22 said:
It's arranged but not yet 100% confirmed afaik.

It was confirmed on Saturday night after the fight.

He should beat Castillo and probably any other Light Welterweights but that's not very hard, there are no big fights at 140 lbs left. The Welterweights are too big for him.

Soldato
Smit said:
It was confirmed on Saturday night after the fight.
As of saturday night it was still only scheduled and expected to happen, no contracts had been signed or venue decided which I think is still the case.

Soldato
wedgie22 said:
As of saturday night it was still only scheduled and expected to happen, no contracts had been signed or venue decided which I think is still the case.

It will be held in the Thomas and Mack Center in June.. Contracts haven't been signed yet but an agreement has been reached. The money is there from HBO so the only way it doesn't happen is if someone gets injured.

At Saturday's postfight press conference, promoters Bob Arum, Art Pelullo and Dennis Hobson announced that an agreement had been reached for Ricky Hatton to face Jose Luis Castillo some time in June at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Associate
Calling him a fraud is a moronic comment.

Not only has he fought decent opponents and beat the pound for pound worlds best (at the time) but had a very good amateur career and boxed for the country.

Soldato
Smit said:
It will be held in the Thomas and Mack Center in June.. Contracts haven't been signed yet but an agreement has been reached. The money is there from HBO so the only way it doesn't happen is if someone gets injured.
Wasn't doubting that it would take place and I wasn't sure on the venue, but that's still not confirmation.

Soldato
The full fight is currently being shown on SS1.

The Witter fight has just been on, next up is Castillo and then the Hatton fight.

Back
Top Bottom