Bass Amp For Gigin'

Associate
Hi,

Im looking for an bass amp that would be good for gigs like small village halls and pubs but is around the £100 - £140 mark anyone reconmend a wattage?

cheers,

Rob

Man of Honour
What he says but there is an old saying 'bass needs big amps and big speakers'.

Its not necessarily true these days because technology has bought out some wonderful smaller gear. Both me and my bassist own a Peavey databass each which are 400 watt combos and the loudest it has been on is number 2 and we play some big places. I would love to try one of the Line 6 Linebacker combos.

Associate
I've got a reasonably competent Carlsbro Bassline 120 1x15 that I gigged a few times, not very interesting sounding but it shifted a good amount of air, didn't have any real problems... They can be found pretty cheap if they can be found at all. Old Trace Elliots can be pretty cheap these days too, though prices seem to be going back up since the brand relaunched.

Permabanned
i've found that bass amps if you talk wattage (not a brilliant way to estimate loudness, but a rough base stat) should be two to three times larger than a guitar amp.

For instance.

If you're playing with a guitarist who has a 100-200 watt amp, you'll need around 300 watts of bass amp to compete for volume.

Back
Top Bottom