Enermax 1000w + EVGA 680i Mobo compatable?

Associate
OP
TonyM16 said:
Can you try something please. Plug your gpu's exactly like how HeavyH20 has (the pic I showed you). He has one modulat and one loom power connector for each gpu. Is that how you done it? If not try it liek that and then plug in the auxillary.

Thats the way I've got mine setup. Seemed a good idea when I was building to split them this way.

BTW Enermax support say
Please try not to connect the molex connector directly to the motherboard. The galaxy will supply good enough power to the motherboard through the main connector and cpu connector

Its another...make what you will of that. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I used to get beeps on my 850w version.

It only happened playing Bf2142 and only for a few seconds after the map had loaded :confused:

I say used to , i have not heard them for a while, but it was so intermitent i just ignored it.

Associate
Fred said:
Thats the way I've got mine setup. Seemed a good idea when I was building to split them this way.

BTW Enermax support say

Its another...make what you will of that. :rolleyes:

Did you tell them about your crashes? It would be easier for you to not connect that plug if you were running completely stable. If they are right then it seems like you will have to recheck your rig to find out why games are crashing, as Vegas should not be crashing (it didn't on mine when I had a Tagan).

If it's only Vegas that is crashing do this...

Rename the vegas exe. to UTGame.exe. Or if you know how create a vegas profile in the nvvaps.xml and give it the same sli profile as all unreal 3 games and engines. Then restart your rig to write it to registry. Also the company of heroes exe works. Please try that if you have not already as Vegas has no sli profile by default, so maybe that is why you are crashing when you play with sli. ALso make sure you are up to date with drivers ie 97.92. I think I should have suggested all this before, I know. :rolleyes: .

PS. Those sli profiles I gave yuo are only for testing, the truth is RS vegas just doesn't like sli and you will get no frame rate improvemnst worth talking about with sli , even with afr sli. So when it's all said and done just play single gpu until they release a patch which gives us sli boost.

Last edited:
Soldato
Flanno said:
Sounds like an issue on the 12v rail (damaged psu) or possible 1 or more faulty pci-e connectors.

Try this - unplug the pci-e connectors from the card and instead plug in both of the pci to dual molex adaptors that came with your G80. This will mean you will need to use 2 molex connectors from your psu for each card. If you don't get the beeping it means the pci-e cable is damaged. If you do get the beeping, then there is not enough power coming from the 12v rail. Either way your psu needs rma'ing by the sounds of it.

balth_dire said:

Thanks guys...guess i'll RMA it, I can't use the computer at the moment anyway, I've just moved into a new house and it's a total building site! May as well take the opportunity to get it swapped out.

Back
Top Bottom