evga 680i ethernet not found

Permabanned
just thought id let you all know about my recent motherboard problem.

last friday was happily browsing away on t'net, when my pc crashed and restarted itself. so i thought oh well crappy XP as usual. so when it settled down i clicked the firefox icon and page not found screen came up. then i thought i'll check network connections to see if it was enabled, looked there and there was no ethernet icon at all:confused:

right then, checked in my comp/properties/harware/device manager and there was no ethernet network adapter

then i decided to reinstall the nvidia drivers so i removed eveything but the display driver and reinstalled them still the same

i then had trouble as it wouldnt post so i reset the cmos by moving the jumper which got it to boot up, but after a couple more tries at adjusting various windows settings etc it again wouldnt post.

so on sat i gave evga a ring, fearing that the board was borked, looking to rma and the chap said try a bios flash.i went round to my mates and plugged it in and luckily it booted up no problem. he chucked a network card in and connected to the evga site and flashed the bios in windows and guess what after a restart it found all my network adapters and here i am back on line after a weekend of no PC

so i would suggest a trip over to the evga site for all you evga 680i owners for the new bios

cheers

stinka

Associate
stinka said:
just thought id let you all know about my recent motherboard problem.

last friday was happily browsing away on t'net, when my pc crashed and restarted itself. so i thought oh well crappy XP as usual. so when it settled down i clicked the firefox icon and page not found screen came up. then i thought i'll check network connections to see if it was enabled, looked there and there was no ethernet icon at all:confused:

right then, checked in my comp/properties/harware/device manager and there was no ethernet network adapter

then i decided to reinstall the nvidia drivers so i removed eveything but the display driver and reinstalled them still the same

i then had trouble as it wouldnt post so i reset the cmos by moving the jumper which got it to boot up, but after a couple more tries at adjusting various windows settings etc it again wouldnt post.

so on sat i gave evga a ring, fearing that the board was borked, looking to rma and the chap said try a bios flash.i went round to my mates and plugged it in and luckily it booted up no problem. he chucked a network card in and connected to the evga site and flashed the bios in windows and guess what after a restart it found all my network adapters and here i am back on line after a weekend of no PC

so i would suggest a trip over to the evga site for all you evga 680i owners for the new bios

cheers

stinka

You aretlaking about P24 I assume?

Back
Top Bottom