S5600 came today-first pic

Associate
So my new S5600 came today, first real camera and I want to get into photography more.

I was playing with the settings and found how to do the 15 seconds exposure thingy. So I made a light trail for my name :p

dscf00564gq.jpg

I'm so pleased :D

Associate
OP
hardc0re_tid said:
is the 5600 better than the 9500?
A quick google says no as it is about twice the price :p

After a bit more playing, I am looking for some opinions on this photoshop I did.

Here is the original in black and white
2007012200010cs.jpg

and now this picture but photoshopped to try to remove the background.
20070122000110xa.jpg

I still prefer the first as it gives a longer view but what are all your "expert" opinions? I'm looking for comments on the photoshopping, not how my DoF is wrong or my aperture is too fast or something ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Hope you don't mind but I had a go at editing it myself, using Elements I used the skew control to take out the background areas, then cropped the result to take out the distracting black key at bottom left, then some adjust lighting shadows/highlights and increased the contrast a little... there's more to be done yet I think, the keys could be made more horizontal and the whites could be made more white.

2007012200010csed.jpg

Soldato
the only thing i would say about the piano shots is that the white keys have a grey tint to them. but other than that its a nice pic and a good camera too..

i have the 9500 and i havent really had a chance to play with it yet.. but all my recent pics have been taken with it.. of my setup etc.

im waiting on some good weather to go out and try to get some nice shots

Associate
OP
StevenG said:
the only thing i would say about the piano shots is that the white keys have a grey tint to them.
It's not like I cleaned the keyboard or anything before taking the picture :p

Thanks for that Tonks, I didn't notice the distracting black key, but I guess I will just pick these things up. I also like how the white keys are whiter and how the background is gone but the picture is not long like my photoshop attempt.

Associate
I have re-edited the shot straightening the keys and making them a little whiter. My edit does lose the 'long' look of the original but it only loses 1 key in the process. With the edits the jpg is starting to lose its quality now as you can see with halos around the keys

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
i might have gone a bit far with the contrast on this.. but it was just a quick attempt

pianaedit.jpg
pianoedit.jpg

i left the full length of they keys in as i think its a good effect having the full length in there..

a really good shot actually i like it.. :)

keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Associate
That's one of the first things I tried with my new camera too :D

Unfortunately, I didn't have an LED torch, so I used just a regular torch. Came out well though, kind of like RHCP's Fortune Faded in colour. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm thinking of the s5600, but is 5mp a good number, considering the type of cam it is? The positives are that it has a great zoom and excellent low-light capabilities (possibly an IS?), but not sure about the 5mp part...

Associate
OP
El Gringo said:
I'm thinking of the s5600, but is 5mp a good number, considering the type of cam it is? The positives are that it has a great zoom and excellent low-light capabilities (possibly an IS?), but not sure about the 5mp part...
The 5.1 MP makes perfectly good photos. Check out my flickr for pictures but bear in mind I have only had the camera 2 days :p
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14439508@N00/

Back
Top Bottom