Rocky Balboa

Suspended
wc038.gif

Caporegime
Ok just finished watching thios and as a real fan of the first films and have seen most of them about 3 or 4 times I have to say it was... awful. Yup, pretty damn bad.

Acting was so-so... some of the characters were unecessary and shallow but just about managed to act passably. The script was just about bearable but the film just felt so I don't know... tired and worn. I understand what the film was attempting to portray but goodness grief, what a dissappointment after the all the hype and the decent reviews i've read.

5/10. and most of that is nostalgia.

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Tried&Tested said:
Disappointed. 5/10. Waiting patiently through the very dull buildup to the fight...and what a let down that was.

Oh well.

I agree

Caporegime
I thought it was very similar to the first film in the series and I quite liked it. It was far more story driven than Rocky 2, 3, 4 and 5 and it didn't have such a cheesy feel about it. It was good to see some of the old characters but I was a bit disappointed they didn't show as much of his training as they had in previous films. The fight was quite entertaining if a little unrealistic and overall I thought it was a good return to form after the crap that followed Rocky 2.

Soldato
if anybody finished watching the rocky film then wanted to buy the boxset, you cant. they have taken it off the shelves! you can now only buy them serpately at approx £10 each!!!!

Associate
i thought it was a good film... i only got one problem with it and that was the fact that rocky didnt come out to the ring with his hood on... disappointing lol

does anybody know what the frank sinatra song that he comes out to is called???

thanks

Associate
a lot of random motivational speechs in it. I wanted to see more of his training tbh, and the heavy weight champ looked like a bit of a nobody, not exactly a mr.t or apollo creed physique.

Soldato
Just got back from the late viewing here, I really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan of the Rocky series but I've seen Rocky I and Rocky II. Film was well put together and the ending thankfully wasn't clichéd. :)

Soldato
I saw it a few weeks ago when in the US and I thought it was really good.

Put together really well and a movie that is not cheesey with an unpredictable ending.

Nice way to finish off the Rocky series.

Soldato
sendos said:
a lot of random motivational speechs in it. I wanted to see more of his training tbh, and the heavy weight champ looked like a bit of a nobody, not exactly a mr.t or apollo creed physique.

In real life he's not a no-body as he was the first person to knock Roy Jones out if I remember my boxing correctly.

Back
Top Bottom